Vendo BB01 75

Paylando

I have an old Vendo 75X machine with a BB01 board.

I have tested the machine with a coinmech and doublechecked that the coinmech is working in another vending machine (Bianchi Vega 850)
The coinmech is workin in both machines.

Now I want to add a cashless device on MDB. The cashless device is working in the Bianchi machine but NOT in the Vendo 75X.
Is there a restriction on the board that it only work on cash/coinmech?

Have anyone here some info why the cashless device is not working on MDB?

The EEPROM is marked with
BBMDB V2.23
ST-CC 24-09-05

I have a machine with this board (This is not my board.. EEPROM is wrong)
The red jumpers are set for MDB
IMG_8199.jpg

The machine looks like this 

Vendo 75X.jpeg

The six pin connector should be for MDB but there are some odd voltages listed next to it.  I see 24V but both voltages are shown as AC which is incorrect for MDB that is all DC voltages.  It also kind of looks like the writing on the board shows that the 6 pin is actually the power supply connector so I see no other MDB connections on the board - unless there is a connector on the opposite side of the board.

On 12/9/2020 at 5:25 AM, AZVendor said:

The six pin connector should be for MDB but there are some odd voltages listed next to it.  I see 24V but both voltages are shown as AC which is incorrect for MDB that is all DC voltages.  It also kind of looks like the writing on the board shows that the 6 pin is actually the power supply connector so I see no other MDB connections on the board - unless there is a connector on the opposite side of the board.

I got the CoimMech with MDB working on another machine and it´s also working on the Vendo machine. 
Conclusion: MDB is working and the jumpers are set to MDB

I test a cahless device on the other machine. It uses Hex 10 as base address = Cachless device 1 in MDB

I test the same cashless device in the Sanden Vendo (BB01 board) machine. Nothing happends. 

Is the BB01 MDB implementation without cashless device implementation?

Sanden Vendo 75X jumper MDB.jpg

Sanden Vendo 75X MDB.jpg

On 12/10/2020 at 9:56 AM, Paylando said:

I got the CoimMech with MDB working on another machine and it´s also working on the Vendo machine. 
Conclusion: MDB is working and the jumpers are set to MDB

I test a cahless device on the other machine. It uses Hex 10 as base address = Cachless device 1 in MDB

I test the same cashless device in the Sanden Vendo (BB01 board) machine. Nothing happends. 

Is the BB01 MDB implementation without cashless device implementation?

Sanden Vendo 75X jumper MDB.jpg

Sanden Vendo 75X MDB.jpg

Unfortunately in our industry, we use the term "MDB" pretty loosely at times.  Although all MDB components connect with MDB cables/plugs, that doesn't mean all components can speak to all boards equally.  Some boards just weren't designed with modern components/card readers in mind, and that's why there are older machines (with older boards) that won't work with card readers at all, even though you can physically connect them.  This board is likely one of those old boards that has no hope of ever talking to a card reader, which means you can't get it to work.

On 12/9/2020 at 5:25 AM, AZVendor said:

This is a EU produced board from Italy, that's why it's 24V. The 6pin is power supply (which is stupid). The MDB connector is the flat 6pin connector next to the EXE/MDB pins which needs a converter cable.

On 12/14/2020 at 5:11 AM, AngryChris said:

Unfortunately in our industry, we use the term "MDB" pretty loosely at times.  Although all MDB components connect with MDB cables/plugs, that doesn't mean all components can speak to all boards equally.  Some boards just weren't designed with modern components/card readers in mind, and that's why there are older machines (with older boards) that won't work with card readers at all, even though you can physically connect them.  This board is likely one of those old boards that has no hope of ever talking to a card reader, which means you can't get it to work.

This board is designed for card readers with the right software, Sandenvendo still uses them in their production. 

Paylando: Update the eprom to 4-45 if you use a red one-lined display, or 5.18 if you use the blue/green two-lined display, reset to default and connect. If communication fails check the MDB connector cable.

What kind of cashless device are you trying to add?

Where can I buy eprom? 
I have to double check exactly what display I have. I believe it´s a 2 line blue(ish)/Green display.
I think the MDB cable is correct because I can connect serveral different MDB coinmech and they work without any modifications.

The MDB cashless device I try to connect is a self developed MDB card with an ESP32 CPU. It is made for MDB Level 1 (but I have tried MDB Level 2-3 and it works)
My MDB card implementation is working at over 30 vending machines at lorry manufacturer Scania / Södertälje, Sweden.
I am almost sure that the MDB card is working because the same cashless device is working on the 3 vending machines I have in my lab. 
My goal for the development is to add cashless MDB to older vending machines. The reason for me to buy this vending machine is that it common in Scandinavia.

8 minutes ago, Paylando said:

Where can I buy eprom? 

Can you parse it yourself? In that case I can send you the file.
If not you can buy it from sandenvendo or probably any standalone operator in Sweden. You could buy it from mee too (Norway), send me a PM and we can discuss it.

10 minutes ago, Paylando said:

I think the MDB cable is correct because I can connect serveral different MDB coinmech and they work without any modifications.

Then it's good, next time istead of trying it in several machines, just measure the resistance (ohm from end to end).

17 minutes ago, Paylando said:

My goal for the development is to add cashless MDB to older vending machines. The reason for me to buy this vending machine is that it common in Scandinavia.

Well it's common, but not that old . As told earlier Sandenvendo still uses this board in their machines, the machine you refeer too as 75X is now called a 100 Superstack, all parts alike, also the BB01 board. If old machines is what you are working towards you have to consentrate about machines that still uses exec. 

@droopi Marvelous news!!

If it´s possible I want to buy the EPROMs from you. What kind of EPROM programmer do I need and the type of (E)EPROM.
If i get the information I can program the EPROM, but it will take a while to get the equipment. About 30 years ago I got all equipment for programming EPROMs but they are thrown away long time ago,

I have asked the same problem from SandenVendo direct thru the German, Italian an US support channel. Still no reply.
This channel is much better and gives answer very fast.

@droopi Do you have the yellow BB01/75X/100 Superstack manual as pdf. Also if you got more manuals about the machine. The manuals i got with the machine is badly worn and there are pages that has been stuck together and almost unreadable.

I will publish a DIY conversion of the machine from short 33cl cases to the new longer cases. I will publish the needed 3D printed parts. There might be parts available from SandenVendo but this guide is for DIY at minimum cost.
Still working on it but I think it will be a PDF and a Youtube video and I hope to finish it during Xmas.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:35 AM, Paylando said:

What kind of EPROM programmer do I need and the type of (E)EPROM.

The BB01 board uses a 512kb Eprom, specifically a M27C512, DIP28. Any programmer will do, as long at it writes in 13,05V and verify's at 5V.

On 12/17/2020 at 8:35 AM, Paylando said:

Do you have the yellow BB01/75X/100 Superstack manual as pdf. Also if you got more manuals about the machine. The manuals i got with the machine is badly worn and there are pages that has been stuck together and almost unreadable.

I do, I got the machine manual and the board manual, will send it to you.

@droopiI do not have a programmer any more. When I moved to the flat I live in now I trow away alot of old electronic gadgets.

If it is possible to buy the eprom from you it will be alot faster than buying a programmer. The eprom and the programmer is not so much money but it takes 2-3 weeks to get it.

send a PM with details.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...

Is there someone that got a  spare Vendo BB01 card?

I have one that has no responce.. I beleive that something on the board is broken.
I have traced power to the voltageregulator. Got power in but no output. I will find out schematic for the regulator. Have some idea that the condensator might have a short and blow the regulator. Attaching rigt powersupplu after the regulator might help me find IF the board is still working and IF the power to the board is the fault.

Help needed.. contact me at cabbagecreek@gmail.com

I don't know this board specifically but in basic terms, if anything is shorted on the output side of the regulator,  the resistance on the line to ground should read extremely low.  If you suspect any one component and it reads shorted across it while in the circuit, pull one leg and read it again.  If the part is shorted, it will still show at that time.  If it's the only component shorted in that circuit, your resistance from ground to the regulator output will rise to acceptable levels.  If not, you still have something shorted in the circuit.