Fan not running on compressor for dncb168-99/5

dean0

Hello everybody! This is my first post and I am kinda a newbie in the vending machine restoration so i may ask a stupid question!

Anyways, I am restoring a dixie narco dncb168-99/5 from 1982 i believe. I have finished most of the restoration process and plugged the machine in and the compressor fan wasn't spinning. Im not sure if its supposed to be spinning continuously or every so often. The compressor was hot to the touch and i believe the wires are all hooked up as i didn't take out the compressor or cooling deck/wires when i repainted/restored. I have checked the thermostat by turning it all the way off and i believe it is working cause the compressor turned off after the thermostat turned off. Im not sure what the problem is so i came here! thank you all for your time! 

By compressor fan I am assuming you mean the fan mounted next to the compressor bell housing (big black thing with the round dome).

That fan (known as the condensor fan) is supposed to run when the compressor runs. So if the compressor is vibrating or heating up and the fan doesn’t run you have an issue. Check the wiring for the fan. 

9 minutes ago, orsd said:

By compressor fan I am assuming you mean the fan mounted next to the compressor bell housing (big black thing with the round dome).

That fan (known as the condensor fan) is supposed to run when the compressor runs. So if the compressor is vibrating or heating up and the fan doesn’t run you have an issue. Check the wiring for the fan. 

Okay ill check, I have noticed there are two wires that are cut but they were cut when i bought the machine. There is also an electrical wire with a terminal connected to nothing that was also like that when i bought the machine. They are near the bottom shelf of the machine.