What is the best way to get rid of machines?

UsedtoVend

I'm not really doing a lot of vending these days. But I do have a dozen or so U turn machines/small gumbball. It's really hard to get anyone interested in buying. Do you think junk removal services would take them? What would you do? These days with covid it's really hard to do vending anyways. 

I used recyclers in the past. I bought a very large 6 state territory that hadn’t been managed well. I can’t tell you how many tons of stands, machines, parts that were filling a warehouse costing me over $1,400 per month. Just keeping up with contrition of our in service machines was challenging enough so I decided to recycle and make pennies on the dollar for somewhere around 12 trailer loads of warehouse clutter to save $1,400 per month (adds up pretty fast). 
Selling would have been great and I did offload 100+ racks and a fair bit of parts to a guy in California but wasn’t going to sell to nearby states (potential competition). Shipping costs destroy any chance of sales so for me recycling is the way to go. 

Fortunately sold the business end of 2019. Can’t imagine how it is currently holding up. 

23 hours ago, UsedtoVend said:

I'm not really doing a lot of vending these days. But I do have a dozen or so U turn machines/small gumbball. It's really hard to get anyone interested in buying. Do you think junk removal services would take them? What would you do? These days with covid it's really hard to do vending anyways. 

Multiple ways to unload these machines.....Junk removal will take about anything but they can be pricey. List them for free or for a very low price on Craigslist, offer up etc... . Break them down and throw as much as you can away in your regular trash pick up weekly. If you know anyone who has a business with a dumpster see if you throw a few machines in weekly until they're gone. It really boils down to how much you want to hassle with it and if you are willing to just give or throw them away which it sounds like you are. A dozen machines shouldn't take that long to dispose of.

I have taken  unwanted machine's, the type we didn't use on route, to recycler yard & sold for scrap price to gain room & got lunch money or more,  better than nothing. Too bad when other vendors need them but the freight or driving seems to stop traveling to buy them. Back in the 90's finding used Oak Vista panel machines or Northwestern 80 2"in. capsule machine's the type  that we use on our route was tough, so we would drive up to 400 miles one way for them, no one seems to want to do that these days. We might want to be careful how much we scrap, I heard last week a new Northwestern Super 60 is $125.