Bonz candy

RikaKazak

So samsclub.com has quit selling bonz candy, which is where I've been buying it for years.  So....where do you guys get yours?  I'm in northern Idaho so things like in person sams club, BJs, etc. aren't options.  I need to find somewhere online.

6 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

i think they are expensive from AA, theres got to be a way to get them from concord

I'm sure there are cheaper alternatives out there some where just gotta search. The part that really hurts on these bulk candy items is shipping. Even though I can't stand Sam's Club they had great pricing and free shipping on a great variety of bulk candy. Those days are gone and now we are all scrambling.

6 hours ago, Vendin it said:

If Sam's was selling enough candy you would think they would bring it back. Could be their suppliers are short staff due to covid.

I agree completely. I think their bulk candy sales have been slowing down over the last few years and Covid was the knockout punch.

I recently placed an order for cry baby tears and couple other hard candies with candy machines.com. The price on the cry babies was huge difference from AA.  Same count.   Other candies were bit cheaper also. My first time ordering as was using TJKing (dt best shipping costs).  You may want to check their price on bonz, never used those so not sure on price comparison.   Order came quickly and in good condition.  

14 hours ago, gumball guy said:

I agree completely. I think their bulk candy sales have been slowing down over the last few years and Covid was the knockout punch.

Do you think Sam's will bring back candies, gum they dropped?  We could start emailing asking to bring them back. They are in furious competition with Amazon, & others.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ginger vend said:

I recently placed an order for cry baby tears and couple other hard candies with candy machines.com. The price on the cry babies was huge difference from AA.  Same count.   Other candies were bit cheaper also. My first time ordering as was using TJKing (dt best shipping costs).  You may want to check their price on bonz, never used those so not sure on price comparison.   Order came quickly and in good condition.  

where did you order from?

18 hours ago, Vendin it said:

Do you think Sam's will bring back candies, gum they dropped?  We could start emailing asking to bring them back. They are in furious competition with Amazon, & others.

Sam's is so unpredictable when it comes to product availability that it's hard to say if they will bring any of the discontinued items back. I am guessing that their sales were already slowing down with bulk vending candy and the virus was the knockout punch that caused them to quit carrying most of their variety. Most small vendors (and bigger ones too) buy the basics like Dubble Bubble, M&Ms, Skittles, Mike & Ikes, Hot Tamales & Reese's Pieces so not surprisingly that is what they are still carrying. As far as emailing them.....good luck. They are a labyrinth when it comes to trying to reach someone who really knows anything about product ordering or availability.  Luckily I have a small wholesaler locally that I can get things from. They are not as cheap and it takes a lot more lead time when ordering but I can pick it up there and that saves me on shipping.  I know that many vendors don't have a lot of alternatives locally so searching the internet for the best prices and sharing it here may be the most helpful tool at the moment. 

I think the demand for anything bulk vending has dropped drastically over the past several years. Many long time operators have left the business or drastically downsized. Now with the China virus and the government shutting everything down, the demand for anything bulk vending has sunk to even new lows. I expect more bulk suppliers close up unless they have diversified what their doing. It's been a dying business now for years and it's only getting worse. Finding good locations has become much more difficult than it was even 5 years ago. There will always be a location that will allow bulk, but they are going to be few and far between.

• Like 1