vending ban in California

I have an account at a car dealership in San Mateo county. I was told by the manager that until further notice my machines had to be shut down due to covid19 restrictions from the county. He said that another car dealership was fined $7000 for violating lockdown orders which I guess includes letting customers use the vending machines in the waiting room. I've been servicing that account for over 15 years and they are very pleased with my service, so I don't think they are trying to get rid of me. Has anyone else in the bay area experienced that? The manager said the vending ban there will probably last 3 weeks or longer. It's been 2 weeks already.

13 hours ago, the_avender said:

I have an account at a car dealership in San Mateo county. I was told by the manager that until further notice my machines had to be shut down due to covid19 restrictions from the county. He said that another car dealership was fined $7000 for violating lockdown orders which I guess includes letting customers use the vending machines in the waiting room. I've been servicing that account for over 15 years and they are very pleased with my service, so I don't think they are trying to get rid of me. Has anyone else in the bay area experienced that? The manager said the vending ban there will probably last 3 weeks or longer. It's been 2 weeks already.

I haven't experienced it but I wouldn't fool around with him.  I'd just ask to remove anything that won't last 3 weeks and come back later.

• Like 1

I’d ask the customer for as much information about this as they might have and then contact the county also just to get more information to protect myself and my business and this will enable you to talk to your other customers about this with more information on it and come up with a strategy on this . 

major corporations are doing this in NYC, but to my knowledge, no one cares, and i have only seen 2 or 3 shut down machines, i dont see how not allowing someone to use a machine will prevent anything, the expired supply if any will be the worse than covid-19, machines should be allowed to operate and cycle through normal supply use. might as well not touch any doorknobs :P

5 hours ago, lacanteen said:

We have dozens of machines that haven't been worked since March. Many places, especially nursing homes have stopped all non-urgent activity. 

I don't have dozens, but a couple of handfuls.  If I had anyplace to put them, I'd try and get them.