Anyone done a 7ft gumball machine?

kyle0050

Been looking at quik plays 7ft gumball videos  and seems like this type of machine is a solid eye catcher and a good machine people will just pump money into just by the sheer size of it. Seems like it allows any type of payment too (cash, coin, and card). Just curious if you guys think if this would be a stupid buy or not? The reason I ask is my cousin's husband is opening a pizza place near me (they have a SUPER successful location in another state but won't say where) and seems like a good placement for his new location near me. The location the pizza place will be in an upper middle class area so a place most parents wouldn't balk at throwing $1 for 2 gumballs. Just curious how the market is for this? I do snack vending but haven't gotten into gumballs and such.

Machine in question: https://www.candymachines.com/Giant-Electronic-Gumball-Machine-P7255.aspx

You can buy other equipment that will also make you a lot of money for 3k. Cranes, redemption, etc. 

Unless the pizza place in question  has as many customers as a small amusement park I foresee a lot of stale gum. Especially with covid

• Like 1

I own a bunch of 5' spirals machines, and they can be a NIGHTMARE in regards to stale gum if you're not careful.  Very often it only makes sense to "barely put any gum in there" but at the same time the location often wants you "to fill it more so it looks nicer"...which can be an issue in regards to keeping the location happy while also still making money.  (so maybe consider ford gum if you do end up buying a 7 footer)

Overall, 7' isn't necessary in a pizza place.  Just do a rack with 1 head as gum and even though it'll probably do lower volume (that 1 head vs. 1 giant machine I'm referring to) the money you'll save in cost of machine which will allow you to put the capital to other machines (claws, racks, etc.) will way more then make up for it.  (spending $1,500 on a claw will do way better numbers then $3K on a gumball machine, and be half the cost...so double win).  If capital is of no concern, and you're just trying to max out the gross of a location, 7 footers do earn (don't have one, but do know people that do) compared to cost vs. revenue of other machines, they're more biz op then legit.

Another thing to consider is bouncy balls if you do go for a 5' machine.  I've done that before, no product waste and it sells really well.  (I bought 30 used 5' for $1,500 which is why I use them so often, even if the situation isn't "perfectly" suited for them)

Also please keep in mind that some vending youtube channels lie (they "add" money to the coin box or dba before shooting the collection part).  I watch the guys you're referring to, I believe they're being 100% honest (they're my fav youtube vending people), but there's some other "big name" youtube guys that I'd bet my life savings are lying/faking collection vids, so please don't go, "x machine costs y amount and earns z amount" because I saw it on youtube.

• 2 weeks later...

i was going to say the same thing as others.  a big gumball machine looks great, but it's pointless with the stale gum that would end up in there.  i've been ending up with a lot of stale gum in my rhino pro since covid, and that's like 400 gumballs when full.

On 1/12/2021 at 9:05 PM, RikaKazak said:

Also please keep in mind that some vending youtube channels lie (they "add" money to the coin box or dba before shooting the collection part).  I watch the guys you're referring to, I believe they're being 100% honest (they're my fav youtube vending people), but there's some other "big name" youtube guys that I'd bet my life savings are lying/faking collection vids, so please don't go, "x machine costs y amount and earns z amount" because I saw it on youtube.

i bet you're referring to claw kicker, right?  when i watch his videos, i roll my eyes.  seems to be a good dude otherewise, but who is he fooling?

Edited by jay22