Finding a Vending Machine for personal use; Any recommendations?

AltShiftK

I'm re-doing my room, and I think it would be awesome to install a vending machine. I'm looking at a few options, a Seaga Combo, and an AMS SenSit II Combo. I'm still searching for options; So if anybody can recommend one, that'd be great. I started to sketch out my requirements, so I'll share them:

• Is a combo machine (I prefer to dispense both soda (Cans or Bottles) and snacks)
  • Is somewhat-new. (I haven't been on this planet for a while, so I don't feel the nostalgia of a 60-70's machine.)
  • Is is priced around $4000
Edited by AltShiftK
Described Price Better

20 minutes ago, AltShiftK said:

I'm re-doing my room, and I think it would be awesome to install a vending machine. I'm looking at a few options, a Seaga Combo, and an AMS SenSit II Combo. I'm still searching for options; So if anybody can recommend one, that'd be great. I started to sketch out my requirements, so I'll share them:

• Is a combo machine (I prefer to dispense both soda (Cans or Bottles) and snacks)
  • Is somewhat-new. (I haven't been on this planet for a while, so I don't feel the nostalgia of a 60-70's machine.)

Just for home use correct?

Personally I would do a 501E for sofa and whatever snack I could find cheap.

Or a glass door cooler like coke uses at grocery store checkouts.

But that’s just me. 

If I had 4K to blow however I’d probably end up getting a Bevmax. Soda only but has the cool arm.

If you insist on spending 4K I’d get the AMS, or a USI or a Crane. Great resale on those.

But you can get gently used Seagas cheap. Like under 1k.  Only issue is they are somewhat unreliable and hard to fix. Certainly would not pay 4K for one.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, AltShiftK said:

Didn't know you could use snacks on this machine. Thought it was soda-only. Am I correct?

I meant get two machines, a 501E for soda and another snack machine, whatever was available cheap.

(Although since I have a vending route my personal machines in the garage are usually things that need testing (new retrofit parts I’m trying out or new item packaging) or vandalized machines that work but need a lot of repair)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, orsd said:

I meant get two machines, a 501E for soda and another snack machine, whatever was available cheap.

(Although since I have a vending route my personal machines in the garage are usually things that need testing (new retrofit parts I’m trying out or new item packaging) or vandalized machines that work but need a lot of repair)

Ahh, I see. Thanks for clarifying!

you can get a nice Gaines machine which is small, combo, has wheels, is definitely a non-brand name machine, and will be super easy to fix if something breaks, it'll work great and will look slick they come in red or black, some of the newer ones are grey and are usually 2 piece (the black and grey only, red is usually 1 piece). it wont cost you 4k, they usually run from $200 to $800, if you hate the color, wrap it, you've got 4k right? Gaines 760A or Gaines 760B, i prefer the "B" version. Even though they are Chinese machines and are hated by most vendors, bc they don't hold enough stock and usually need to be serviced more often, for home use it'll be prefect. as for soda machine, if you do want to go all out and blow the 4k, i would still go for a USI, DN, VENDO or ROYAL, the industry standard, you'll have a lot more support on those machines instead of Gaines, but then again, its for home use and not commercial, and if you're just looking for something cool that doesn't look like a box in your room, too bad, they are all squares :P, in any case, whatever machine you decide to get, you will eventually need to learn to service it. i personally like the simple machines, you can also get a really old Gaines, that is fully mechanical, the only thing that moves is the compressor, but it only takes quarters, then again its for home use, have $20 in quarters, and you can set the prices up to $2, has 1 row of snacks so its a really short machine, and 3 can selections, and 3 bottle selections, this is the same along all Gaines machines, except the snacks, where you can get 2 or 3 rows in the 760A/B. My personal opinion, look into it, don't be so quick to buy, do research, and get what you like not what you think you need.

• Thanks 1

Enough about Gaines garbage already!  Stop trying to lead people to buying import junk.  If you like them keep it to yourself and stop urging people to buy stuff we all know they will have trouble with - unless you live next door to him and will fix it for free.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 2:57 PM, AltShiftK said:

Understand a few things. If this is going into your dining room it will take up more space than a standard refrigerator, be noisy, and guzzle electricity. Your best bet is a used AMS combo because you will be able to resell it when you realize your mistake. Good luck.