Cashless only

Talking to an existing location about adding an outdoor stack drink machine.  Would set it up to be cashless only, but I have not experimented with the setup yet.  I am wondering if I will need to leave a coin mech connected for the machine to work properly.  Anyone have experience to share? Thanks.

2 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

does that mean that the machine will not have a bill acceptor as well?

Yes, the plan is cards only.  This is already a high volume location with 4 machines indoors that take cash and cards (about 85 - 90% cashless customers anyway), the outdoor machine would go in a location that can't be secured very well at night and we don't want to attract problems, so no cash in the machine at all.  Planning to label over the coin slot and maybe also block the slot from inside; the card swipe would replace the bill validator. 

Put any coin mech in the machine, just don't power it up. When they unblock the coin slot, and they will think they are helping you, the coins will fall through. We've had to do this at a few hotels. We also made signage "credit/debit cards only"

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lacanteen said:

Put any coin mech in the machine, just don't power it up. When they unblock the coin slot, and they will think they are helping you, the coins will fall through. We've had to do this at a few hotels. We also made signage "credit/debit cards only"

Great way to use golpher mechs like Vortexes or old dumb mechs.

Also I believe Royal makes a blocker plate that takes the place of the clear plastic slot.

Edited by orsd
  • Thanks 1

Vendo is field testing a fully cashless version of the V721 called 721i (IoT Vendor).

Standard 721 Cabinet with a thermoformed 3D Chameleon Door holding a 22" touchscreen. Card only with telemeter on board. It can also vend fully touchless using a consumers phone.  A consumer can pay and select a product from there phone.  The only thing they have to touch is the drink to pull it out of the hopper.  Connects to wifi to stream advertising and allow real-time remote monitoring of machine health, inventory levels, door switch status, etc.   You can even watch the refrigeration deck cycle on and off and watch the temp change...if you're in to that kind of thing.  There is also an app called Civic on it which allows for ID/Age verification.  

Once that is released, there will be a  new consumer panel without a coin insert that would fit all V21 Chameleon door equipment like the "Refresh" Live display. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

There is also an app called Civic on it which allows for ID/Age verification.  

I heard somewhere that Florida had approved age verification tech for some vending functions, but have not researched it yet.  Do you know anything about that?