Local Machine For Sale: Worth it?

Flibbertigibbet

4 hours ago, Flibbertigibbet said:

Hello,

I browse Facebook marketplace occasionally looking for machines. The woman selling this particular machine is asking $300 OBO, is it worth it? Would you buy it? What is a fair offer price? Thanks. 

IMG_20210119_142808.jpg

These type of machines retail new for $500.00 to $1000.00 which is ridiculous. Never had one like this so I can't vouch for the quality of the machine. It does have a Beaver coin mech which is good quality. They can do well in the right locations like restaurants, malls, gas stations/convenience stores, grocery stores etc...  I can tell you that right now, especially with the pandemic, placing this type of equipment isn't easy and if you do get in somewhere customer traffic is down so your return on investment will be slower. I wouldn't know what price to tell you but if you want it I would low ball the heck out of her and see if she bites. A lot of times people just want to get the machines out of their house or garage and will be willing to let it go cheap.  

2 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

these machines are used in old navy stores, and are provided by corporate, ask her how she got it, at this time i wouldn't give more than $100, would consider $150 before pandemic

Interesting bit of information, I will ask and post an update.

14 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

these machines are used in old navy stores, and are provided by corporate, ask her how she got it, at this time i wouldn't give more than $100, would consider $150 before pandemic

Update: Apparently 4 years ago they bought this machine off of someone in a neighboring city. I suggested $100 and they told me the $1 coin mechanism by itself was worth $50 safe to say they did not appreciate my offer but that's okay.

20 hours ago, Flibbertigibbet said:

Update: Apparently 4 years ago they bought this machine off of someone in a neighboring city. I suggested $100 and they told me the $1 coin mechanism by itself was worth $50 safe to say they did not appreciate my offer but that's okay.

let them be, i had a similar issue here in NYC, machine was posted for $10 so i replied, when i did, they decide to change it to $100 bc of so many hits, i told them, im not doing it for more than $10, took them 3 months to sell it, in conversion, $10 and its gone, they sold it for $40, but the amount of time and the space that it took, it wasn't even worth the $40. so just let them roast a little, you gave your offer.

• Like 1