just acquired 8 machines..

kastro152

1 minute ago, NYCandyMan said:

isnt payrange cheaper, and less hassle to deal with?

I just got these machines in a storage auction qnd was hoping to put them to use. I don't have the slightest clue about any of this. im just trying to figure out what I need to do to update my machines to allow for card readers

Just now, kastro152 said:

I just got these machines in a storage auction qnd was hoping to put them to use. I don't have the slightest clue about any of this. im just trying to figure out what I need to do to update my machines to allow for card readers

payrange is a touchless card system, so you dont need to change anything in the machine, just make sure you have a 6 pin MDB connection, if you have the 9 pin connection, i think there is a conversion kit, unit goes inside machine between the coin mech and the bill acceptor, works the same, alot cheaper, and easily removed if needed, updates on its own, go check out the site

Just now, NYCandyMan said:

payrange is a touchless card system, so you dont need to change anything in the machine, just make sure you have a 6 pin MDB connection, if you have the 9 pin connection, i think there is a conversion kit, unit goes inside machine between the coin mech and the bill acceptor, works the same, alot cheaper, and easily removed if needed, updates on its own, go check out the site

from what I been able to gather, I've got dumb mech machines so I def need the upgrade yo mdb. although, the model says 3053-mdb so it throws me off.. the bill validator has more than 6 pins but the coinco coin validator is 6 pin. im gonna definitely check out that website though. I just hope its easy yo get done cause I'm VERY lost lol

You got snookered because you really don't know what you're doing. The 2038 is an ancient 25H which is junk with no parts or upgrades available. The 3053 uses the early SM6 Lance-specific board which has MDB but might not play well, or at all, with a card reader.  You won't find any eprom updates for them either.

36 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

You got snookered because you really don't know what you're doing. The 2038 is an ancient 25H which is junk with no parts or upgrades available. The 3053 uses the early SM6 Lance-specific board which has MDB but might not play well, or at all, with a card reader.  You won't find any eprom updates for them either.

what about this? or are the 3053s diffrent than the 3053-mdbs?

Screenshot_20210118-085206_Chrome.jpg

33 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

is that like the setup in the picture i shared? or diffrent? and my model says 3053-mdb. is there a difference between a 3053-mdb and 3053?

Edited by kastro152

2 hours ago, kastro152 said:

is that like the setup in the picture i shared? or diffrent? and my model says 3053-mdb. is there a difference between a 3053-mdb and 3053?

Your image might just include a card reader,which is definitely the cheapest option if it works.  My link is for a new board which should guarantee you to have all the capabilities you need if simply adding a card reader doesn't work.

20 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

Your image might just include a card reader,which is definitely the cheapest option if it works.  My link is for a new board which should guarantee you to have all the capabilities you need if simply adding a card reader doesn't work.

and a new board is diffrent than a mdb mod kit, correct? cause they have this too. but I've been emailing back and forth with somebody there and he's not familiar with the model and doesn't know if there's a 3053 and 3053-mdb or if its just one model lance supervender 3053. I don't either lol. 

Screenshot_20210118-085311_Chrome.jpg

2 hours ago, kastro152 said:

and a new board is diffrent than a mdb mod kit, correct? cause they have this too. but I've been emailing back and forth with somebody there and he's not familiar with the model and doesn't know if there's a 3053 and 3053-mdb or if its just one model lance supervender 3053. I don't either lol. 

Screenshot_20210118-085311_Chrome.jpg

If your machine says 3053-MDB, then it should only make sense that it is already MDB and that module kit won't work even if you wanted it to.  The module kit is there to convert a non-MDB pulse into an MDB pulse which allows you to add MDB components.  Since your machine SHOULD already be MDB, you just need to connect the card reader.  The issue is that your control board might not be fully compatible (because the board wasn't desgined for newer technology).  You HAVE to have the card reader, so ordering it first is a no-brainer.  If the card reader won't work and you can conclude that the machine's control board is at fault, then my link should save the day but yes it will be even more money to spend.  

The module kit just converts the signal.  It's kind of like getting a digital converter box for an old TV.  Sure, your TV can now work with digital videos but that's only because the converter box has converted the digital videos to an old signal that your TV understands.  Your old TV is still an old TV with the same display and same everything else.  The quality won't drastically improve or anything.  That's what the module kit does.  A new control board actually replaces the brains of things so that the signals actually go directly to the board with no conversion of signals needed.  The majority of the machine is still the same but now the machine can accept pretty much any new component as long as you can physically mount it.  But if you are already MDB, then there's nothing to convert.

You should consider just trying the card reader first and see what happens.

8 hours ago, AngryChris said:

If your machine says 3053-MDB, then it should only make sense that it is already MDB and that module kit won't work even if you wanted it to.  The module kit is there to convert a non-MDB pulse into an MDB pulse which allows you to add MDB components.  Since your machine SHOULD already be MDB, you just need to connect the card reader.  The issue is that your control board might not be fully compatible (because the board wasn't desgined for newer technology).  You HAVE to have the card reader, so ordering it first is a no-brainer.  If the card reader won't work and you can conclude that the machine's control board is at fault, then my link should save the day but yes it will be even more money to spend.  

The module kit just converts the signal.  It's kind of like getting a digital converter box for an old TV.  Sure, your TV can now work with digital videos but that's only because the converter box has converted the digital videos to an old signal that your TV understands.  Your old TV is still an old TV with the same display and same everything else.  The quality won't drastically improve or anything.  That's what the module kit does.  A new control board actually replaces the brains of things so that the signals actually go directly to the board with no conversion of signals needed.  The majority of the machine is still the same but now the machine can accept pretty much any new component as long as you can physically mount it.  But if you are already MDB, then there's nothing to convert.

You should consider just trying the card reader first and see what 

thank you. now one more quick question.. its says mdb but the only plug that has 6 pins is the coin validator.  nothing else is 6 pin and when I called vendnet they said it couldn't be updated so im guessing ill need that board 

The coin mech will have a white MDB 6 pin connector as will any bill acceptor harness.  If you are running a bill acceptor then it plugs into the machine first and the coin mech plugs into the acceptor. If you install a card reader it must plug into the machine first, then the bill acceptor plugs into it and the coin mech plugs into the bill acceptor.  The bill acceptor harness has two MDB connectors for this reason as does the card reader harness.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

The coin mech will have a white MDB 6 pin connector as will any bill acceptor harness.  If you are running a bill acceptor then it plugs into the machine first and the coin mech plugs into the acceptor. If you install a card reader it must plug into the machine first, then the bill acceptor plugs into it and the coin mech plugs into the bill acceptor.  The bill acceptor harness has two MDB connectors for this reason as does the card reader harness.

so than if mine is compatible because of the mdb, but vendnet says I cant upgrade it than ill definitely need that inone kit im thinking

34 minutes ago, kastro152 said:

so than if mine is compatible because of the mdb, but vendnet says I cant upgrade it than ill definitely need that inone kit im thinking

Being MDB is not guaranteed to make the card reader work.  That's the issue.  It will physically connect, but might not communicate OR could cause the board to get confused and do weird things.

9 hours ago, kastro152 said:

Well Vendnet isn't exactly correct - there was a kit that was available about 3 years to upgrade a 3053MDB to a GVC board. However they may have discontinued a part in the kit that makes it unavailable.

There were 2 versions of the 3053 one just had a model number of 3053 and would have been dumb mech and validator only. Then there was the 3053MDB which was MDB capable and they were all made for Lance and sold as Super vendors. Now one thing to remember (and Angry Chris mentioned it) these were a very early version of MDB and more than likely will not work with todays MDB as the standard has changed since the 3053's were produced.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, venddoctor said:

Well Vendnet isn't exactly correct - there was a kit that was available about 3 years to upgrade a 3053MDB to a GVC board. However they may have discontinued a part in the kit that makes it unavailable.

There were 2 versions of the 3053 one just had a model number of 3053 and would have been dumb mech and validator only. Then there was the 3053MDB which was MDB capable and they were all made for Lance and sold as Super vendors. Now one thing to remember (and Angry Chris mentioned it) these were a very early version of MDB and more than likely will not work with todays MDB as the standard has changed since the 3053's were produced.

so that inone kit is the best way to go than huh?

17 minutes ago, kastro152 said:

so that inone kit is the best way to go than huh?

Yes but it might not be necessary.  If you really want to invest in these machines, the very first thing you should do is figure out what kind of card reader you want, contact the company so you can setup an account, and purchase your first one.  From there, you can hook it up (I wouldn't mount it right away) and see if the swipe will work once activated.  If it takes the card, lets you purchase, and then it takes a cash transaction after with no issues, then you are probably good to go.  If you have problems or the machine won't transmit cash information for pre-kitting purposes, then you will need a new board.

• Thanks 1

We have operated a lot of USI machines over the years the Lance built USI were subpar because Lance wanted them cheap. Not even worth the inone upgrade in my opinion, but inone probably has an upgrade go directly to them. USI machine even mdb have problems with credit cards outside of gvc2s especially early mdb. 

• Thanks 1