wall mounted vending machines?

kastro152

9 minutes ago, orsd said:

Do you want electronic or mechanical?

whats the diffrence in specs/pricing? I have an idea I want to pitch to potential clients and I'd like to have everything ready to show them. I have some money im willing to invest into this idea, but I don't want to go too extravagant either

Edited by kastro152

There have been several companies introduce small wall mounts for various specialty vending ideas the last few years, but I don't know that any of them took off.  Size/weight of the product?  Cooling required?  Price range?  Coins only, coins and bills, cash and cashless, cashless only?  The tech is out there, the question being will it generate a worthwhile profit.  Probably does not make sense to spend 5K on a machine to vend a 50 cent item and can only hold 30 at a time, for example...

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, kastro152 said:

any reason why u say that in particular?

The mere premise of what you are considering is not profitable. If it were we would all be doing it. First of all, I'm assuming you're selling snack and drinks and not condoms and tampons. What business owner would allow someone to attach something to his wall so someone else can make money? Anything that is wall mounted is also too small to hold enough inventory to sell to make a collection trip worth while. The industry standard is $100 or more collected per vend visit. Also remember, thanks to the Democrat party, the price of gas is going to rise exponentially over the next 2 years. Don't let some blue sky salesman spin your head with numbers. Don't forget, you need insurance to have your property and your person doing business in someone else's building. Then there's that pesky need to pay sales tax, income tax, and commissions to burn electricity that someone else is paying for. You'll need to sort and count coins & bills, and have a way to deposit large sums of cash. You also deal with vandalism and repair costs.

Oh, the other reason I say this is because I have been in  this industry in many states, mostly as a manufacturer's distributor for 40 years now. 

Send TVF $100 and forget about this idea. It won't end well. 

17 hours ago, lacanteen said:

The mere premise of what you are considering is not profitable. If it were we would all be doing it. First of all, I'm assuming you're selling snack and drinks and not condoms and tampons. What business owner would allow someone to attach something to his wall so someone else can make money? Anything that is wall mounted is also too small to hold enough inventory to sell to make a collection trip worth while. The industry standard is $100 or more collected per vend visit. Also remember, thanks to the Democrat party, the price of gas is going to rise exponentially over the next 2 years. Don't let some blue sky salesman spin your head with numbers. Don't forget, you need insurance to have your property and your person doing business in someone else's building. Then there's that pesky need to pay sales tax, income tax, and commissions to burn electricity that someone else is paying for. You'll need to sort and count coins & bills, and have a way to deposit large sums of cash. You also deal with vandalism and repair costs.

Oh, the other reason I say this is because I have been in  this industry in many states, mostly as a manufacturer's distributor for 40 years now. 

Send TVF $100 and forget about this idea. It won't end well. 

you ever heard that saying about assumptions? I'm not planning on selling snacks, drinks, or tampons but I appreciate your input. let me teach you a little something about business too. it doesn't matter HOW MUCH of something you sell, it only matters about the profit margin. I dnt plan on selling dollar items, do im not worried about the number of options in the machine. I also assume that a small wall mounted machine would be more attractive than a giant bulky machine taking up valuable floor space. and no "blue sky saleman" has even attempted to contact me or feed me dreams. I've been doing my own research and ive come up with my own idea. sorting and counting coins and bills come with ANY business... did the idea of having to count money almost deter you away from the business? why would you assume it would me? "a way to deposit large sums of money".. u mean like a bank? like I do with my OTHER business? and everything else you just named sounds like overhead. same overhead you have as a vending machine operator,  same as every business in America has an overhead. thanks for your assumptions though

1 hour ago, kastro152 said:

you ever heard that saying about assumptions? I'm not planning on selling snacks, drinks, or tampons but I appreciate your input. let me teach you a little something about business too. it doesn't matter HOW MUCH of something you sell, it only matters about the profit margin. I dnt plan on selling dollar items, do im not worried about the number of options in the machine. I also assume that a small wall mounted machine would be more attractive than a giant bulky machine taking up valuable floor space. and no "blue sky saleman" has even attempted to contact me or feed me dreams. I've been doing my own research and ive come up with my own idea. sorting and counting coins and bills come with ANY business... did the idea of having to count money almost deter you away from the business? why would you assume it would me? "a way to deposit large sums of money".. u mean like a bank? like I do with my OTHER business? and everything else you just named sounds like overhead. same overhead you have as a vending machine operator,  same as every business in America has an overhead. thanks for your assumptions though

No assumptions. This is a food and beverage forum.

A decent route is 100-200 machines. Average visits, $100 per machine, 26 machines per day. Most banks don't take bulk cash these days, especially coins. 

Good luck, you'll need it.  

• Like 1