Replace lock on vending machine

Kweli

I recently broke the only key i have for a vending machine. I should be able to open the machine but I need to replace it asap. Attached a similar lock. If I want to replace it should I buy a similar lock nothing im missing? 

ezgif.com-gif-maker.jpg

Drill it out.  That's the only way to do it.  Be prepared to replace anything attached to it.  Let this be a lesson that you NEVER use a weak key and replace them when you first notice the metal is thinning, bending or there are cracks in the key.  Laziness will only result in this.

Edited by AZVendor

is the lock still in machine, is the round part of the key available? if the lock is still intact and you still have the key but it is broken, i can make a copy of the key, send me pic of the key, 9one7 73one 389one

On 2/16/2021 at 12:17 AM, NYCandyMan said:

is the lock still in machine, is the round part of the key available? if the lock is still intact and you still have the key but it is broken, i can make a copy of the key, send me pic of the key, 9one7 73one 389one

yes, the key broke in a very odd way. The part where your thumb goes broke from the tumbler. It didn't get stuck in the machine. If it is possible to make another key that would be ideal but i still want to replace the lock and key. I will send a picture shortly, how much is making another key?

On 2/18/2021 at 9:08 AM, Southeast Treats said:

That's an odd lock for a vending machine unless it's one of the old snacktime units.... that looks like a stock photo, what kind of machine do you have?  Most drink and snack machines have a lock cylinder that is simple to replace for rekeying... 

It's my last Genesis GO 127 and 137 the soda part is where the key broken. I will be getting rid of it soon. 

• 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 2/20/2021 at 10:12 AM, AZVendor said:

Just get rid of it, really rid of it, permanently rid of it, obliteratingly rid of it, now.  The world will thank you.

Thats a genesis machine.  I know, because I have one.  I believe you need to peel back the foam/insulation panel and there will be a nut.

Yes it is a Genesis machine and yea I finally realized the whole thing wasn't metal that it had foam... I got it off now just trying to get the lock to line up correctly because it's touching the top of the clip that holds the nut on to be able to lock it