Covid hardships

Guest Gumball prince

• 2 weeks later...

I lost one of my pizza places about 4 months ago. My other pizza places have kindly let my equipment stay there, but there's no dine in. Laundromat is doing ok, but it's not what it would normally be non-covid. I need to do a round of locating this week, there's a few counties going red tier.

• 2 weeks later...

I have made a concerted effort to in the last month to see if I could get any of my idled equipment out and have been really surprised at the luck I have had. Last month I started by hiring Vending Locator 4 You to see if he could get 10 machines out and he got them out quickly. After the success they had I figured that I would give "in person" locating a shot again and in the last 2 weeks I have placed 30 more machines. Overall my sales are still down and I have no delusions about the inevitable long term future of bulk vending but if I can still make money for a while that's the plan.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gumball guy said:

I have made a concerted effort to in the last month to see if I could get any of my idled equipment out and have been really surprised at the luck I have had. Last month I started by hiring Vending Locator 4 You to see if he could get 10 machines out and he got them out quickly. After the success they had I figured that I would give "in person" locating a shot again and in the last 2 weeks I have placed 30 more machines. Overall my sales are still down and I have no delusions about the inevitable long term future of bulk vending but if I can still make money for a while that's the plan.

wow that is seriously impressive you’re getting so many machines out with covid still being a thing. is there a certain type of location that has been more accepting of having them?

9 hours ago, jay22 said:

wow that is seriously impressive you’re getting so many machines out with covid still being a thing. is there a certain type of location that has been more accepting of having them?

Car repair, bodegas, furniture stores, Latino restaurants, nail salons, hair salons, staffing places, motels, used car lots just to name a few. I will generally try any reasonable location that I can get into and if it is not productive within a few cycles I will pull and look for greener pastures. These days I may give it a little longer before I pull it.. I place only single head gumball to get in the door and then up sell later if the location warrants it. Occasionally they will ask for a double or triple right away so I will leave the single till I can return with the bigger machine. The big question now is if they will make any money. At least they aren't sitting in the shop because there is no chance they will make any money there. This is also the first time that I have gone exclusively with Ford gumballs in all newly placed machines. They have been outperforming my Dubble Bubble locations over the last year so I am going to continue to transition over to them. 

I have a lot of equipment I need to locate in the next few weeks or months. But... on the brighter side I got calls this week from one of my pizza places and a bar in the bay area saying they are planning to reopen soon. So, quite possibly there will be a lot of opportunities in the coming weeks/months.

• Like 1