Jump to content

To vaccinate or not.......


Gumball prince
 Share

Recommended Posts

We just got the virus. It was like a cold for me, but for my wife, it hit her pretty hard. I'm not surprised with all the inhalers she's on. 

I always have a wait and see attitude about most things. And with how they are rolling out the vaccines, we "should" have a good idea how it works by the time it would have gotten to me. But now I don't know if I see the benefit since I had the virus. There is always the possibility of reinfection, but so far it doesn't seem to have happened that often. 

The whole goal is to get to what's called herd immunity. Each person that gains an immunity will result in a roadblock to the virus spreading. When they got smallpox down to a very tiny number they decided to aggressively vaccinate around areas where the virus popped up, and that immediately kept it from spreading, and now it looks like smallpox may be eradicated. Rinderpest which attacks cattle was the second disease to be eradicated. 

Polio and malaria are on the list of diseases that may end up being eradicated. 

I bring these up because they were doing that right. They focused on the areas that needed to be treated. This disease is very heavily attacking older people, so that is where the major focus should be, although I can see getting young people inoculated would be a great idea since they are the ones that are most likely handle any reaction, and are the most likely to be out and about spreading it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 5/15/2021 at 5:52 PM, Snickers said:

Heck no.   Infowars.com

Alex Jones can be fun if you do not take him seriously. He had admitted before that his schtick is done for ratings, and it is mostly an act. Still he shouldn't have been taken off of YouTube while the people are still posting about giants, and flat earth on there.

Back to the inoculation, I really do not think a wait and see attitude is wrong. Some people want it first, and we get to see how they respond. By now we at least know how many people respond to it after a few months. But nobody should be forced to take it. The key as I said above is herd immunity. Every person who gets the vaccine, or had the virus is hopefully immune, and provides a roadblock to the virus. The more roadblocks, the fewer paths the virus has to travel. 

We both had the virus, but since she has a weakened immune system she is planning on getting the vaccine. With how the virus hit her, she wishes she got the vaccine before that. I am not as worried since I should be immune myself. There is a small chance that I could have a repeat, but that is a really small chance. (Regardless of what we are being told.) And these vaccines haven't gone through the rigorous testing a vaccine would usually go through, but then again the final test is always the public rollout. Because of the slow rollout, and the limited supply we have been able to watch and see what happens as the vaccine is rolled out. The people who want it get it, and the people who want to wait, make it more available to the people who want it sooner.

Now more vaccine is available, and more people are willing to take it because they are willing to accept the minor issues some people have had. Others aren't, and some still want to wait a little longer. I still think that's fine. 

But from what we have learned, not just from this virus, but the faulty thinking about all viruses, we can improve things dramatically for many diseases just by adding uv lights to heating, AC units, and air filters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2021 at 8:59 AM, The Mage said:

Alex Jones can be fun if you do not take him seriously. He had admitted before that his schtick is done for ratings, and it is mostly an act. Still he shouldn't have been taken off of YouTube while the people are still posting about giants, and flat earth on there.

Back to the inoculation, I really do not think a wait and see attitude is wrong. Some people want it first, and we get to see how they respond. By now we at least know how many people respond to it after a few months. But nobody should be forced to take it. The key as I said above is herd immunity. Every person who gets the vaccine, or had the virus is hopefully immune, and provides a roadblock to the virus. The more roadblocks, the fewer paths the virus has to travel. 

We both had the virus, but since she has a weakened immune system she is planning on getting the vaccine. With how the virus hit her, she wishes she got the vaccine before that. I am not as worried since I should be immune myself. There is a small chance that I could have a repeat, but that is a really small chance. (Regardless of what we are being told.) And these vaccines haven't gone through the rigorous testing a vaccine would usually go through, but then again the final test is always the public rollout. Because of the slow rollout, and the limited supply we have been able to watch and see what happens as the vaccine is rolled out. The people who want it get it, and the people who want to wait, make it more available to the people who want it sooner.

Now more vaccine is available, and more people are willing to take it because they are willing to accept the minor issues some people have had. Others aren't, and some still want to wait a little longer. I still think that's fine. 

But from what we have learned, not just from this virus, but the faulty thinking about all viruses, we can improve things dramatically for many diseases just by adding uv lights to heating, AC units, and air filters. 

They been making a small unit called a viral guard for years that was initially intended for small clinics but would work great for a single family residence.  They're not particularly cheap at about 5k but they hook up inline with your air handler on your HVAC system.  I think the cluster F of false positive testings have made many of us leery of medical science's understanding of this virus. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm being cautious... I haven't made up my mind yet. I haven't caught it so I don't have antibodies already. I dunno, I just don't know if I need it. I am not anti, just not in a rush to do anything. Is that selfish? I hate how covid has gotten wrapped up with politics... It's not about what "my team" says or does, because I'm a libertarian.

I also don't get flu shots anymore.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

COVID pandemic was a hoax. Fauci should be in prison when all the truth comes out. Looks like they raided Bill Gates Wyoming ranch a few days ago and found his pedo underground tunnels. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2021 at 6:56 AM, lacanteen said:

I've had both Pfizer shots, got them in early April. After the first shot I was feverish for a few hours but that was the only side effect. 

Does a magnet stick to your arm where the shot was administered? 
Will 5G towers have the ability to “activate” something in this?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Snickers said:

Does a magnet stick to your arm where the shot was administered? 
Will 5G towers have the ability to “activate” something in this?

Is the magnet thing for real?  Or is it a bunch of people who want they're 5 minutes of youtube fame?

I Don't know what to believe really, but all I know is I'm out.  I'd rather take my chances with the virus (if its real).  The rules have changed so much, no one knows anymore.

Where did you hear about bill gates place getting raided?  I hope that's true too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, tblake05 said:

Is the magnet thing for real?  Or is it a bunch of people who want they're 5 minutes of youtube fame?

I Don't know what to believe really, but all I know is I'm out.  I'd rather take my chances with the virus (if its real).  The rules have changed so much, no one knows anymore.

Where did you hear about bill gates place getting raided?  I hope that's true too.

The Bill Gates story was actually briefly on the news-forget what network. Google Bill Gates Wyoming raid. 

I believe the magnet deal is real. I have seen hundreds of videos on Tim Tok of people showing it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The parents of a friend of mine here in Lafayette got Covid at the same time: The father didn't make it. The mother is still recovering, this was 2 months ago. A friend in Natchez< MS got it, he's my age, was not a big deal, said it was like the flu for about a week, then took another 30 days to feel "normal". 

It's real, but it's also a political football, that's wrong. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now the question is, did the government intentionally release it out of wuhan? Plus is it true bill gates and dr (loosely use that term) fauchi have a patent on the virus? If so they’re liable for everyone who got it, passed away or not, and responsible for everyone’s lost wages while we were shut down.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, tblake05 said:

Now the question is, did the government intentionally release it out of wuhan? Plus is it true bill gates and dr (loosely use that term) fauchi have a patent on the virus? If so they’re liable for everyone who got it, passed away or not, and responsible for everyone’s lost wages while we were shut down.  

Which government?

There is a recent news report in the Wall Street Journal, but I am not sure if it was verified, that lab workers were treated at a hospital in November for extremely similar symptoms when the first reported infection was in December. The WHO is supposedly investigating, but you can guess if China will be forthcoming about it. 

But it looks like an accident. Possibly negligence. And there is that recent report that links the "experts" who were saying that anyone saying it was from the lab is a conspiracy theorist, actually had links, some financial, to the lab and it's research. So people should get in trouble if they were covering it up and lying to protect their asses. Problem is they are in power and probably won't ever see justice. Anymore than Cuomo would for putting infected patients into nursing homes with elderly, highest at risk people.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...