vendo 511 rows 8,9, and10 will not vend at all

Will they vend in test mode confirming power makes it to those motors?  Are those columns assigned to a button in Space to Sales (SSS).  Are the selection buttons being reacted to by the machine confirming the buttons and harness are good?  

Any "JC' (jammed column) errors?  Do those motor assemblies look different that the working ones?  Notice the switches mounted to the motor assy.  Are they in the same positions as working columns?  Do you have means of safely verifying 120 VAC getting to the motors when activated?

Those would indicate jammed columns or the "vend complete" switches mounted to the motor assy are not being detected.  The arms on those switches should be resting in a notch on the cam used to set depth in that column.  If the switch arm is riding on the out part of the passed the notch, it's possible the motor brake is sticky allowing the motor to coast.  

Do those selections say SOLD OUT when the button is pushed?

Does it just take the money and refuse to vend those selections?

Weird that 3 would fail at same time - not sure how coin mech would play into that.

When you take the metal cover off an look at the cams, is the switch resting in the notch on those selections or are the cams rotated to wrong position?

You can reach under (with machine powered off) and feel if there are cans jammed in there - just clear the jam and/or rotate the cam/bucket back to starting position should be good to go.

ok i went to my machine yesterday  checked it visually and everything looks normal.  8,9, and 10 all say sold out when you hit leslection button.   i swapped switches with a column that was working fine and it still says sold out

• 2 months later...
On 3/11/2021 at 10:34 AM, Vendo Mike said:

Did you get any JC ( Jammed column ) errors?

i am having similar problems with another machine   columns 6,7,8,910 are all jammed.  but i turned cams manually and they are not jammed   they all say sold out.   could it be the sss again?

Space to sales issues generally come up as "sold out" instead of column jam.  In the 511, you have to test vend and Jammed Column to clear the error.  If the motor test doesn't work you could have an open harness or board issue.  Those have 2 commons for motor power separating motors1-5 and 6-10.   One relay on the board supplies power to one set or the other almost like a train switches between 2 tracks.  

Start with motor test and hopefully you'll be able to just clear the errors and go.  

If no power to motors on 6-10, look for an open harness as well as looking at the board near the relays for burned traces. 

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, mooner719 said:

what do you mean by the open harness?

I believe he means look for a loose connection.  A harness is a cluster of wires, and machines have many harnesses, but look at any wires along the way to see if they are "open", meaning not fully connected.  Best thing to do is to unplug/replug a couple times.

"open" in a is a lack of continuity like a broken wire, unplugged or loose connection, blown fuse... anything stopping your electricity going from point "A" to point "B".  Motors 1-5 share a wire and 6-10 shares a different wire which runs all the way to the top/left connection on the main board. You should look closely at the connections on the motors and follow those back to the board making sure there are no cut, chewed or otherwise "open" wires in that circuit.