Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm sure AZ could find some pics of old Vendo "lowering shelf" machines from the late '80s in his scrapbook.  I've gotten a sense that he does not like those :)

Every manufacturer gets egg on their face from time to time. I believe that it's how they respond that is the true measure.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Those old Vendos had their day but it is long gone and people just don't realize it.  I've seen tons of older and newer models, some of which Vendo no longer supports and thus their days are almost gone as well.  Every machine was "state of the art" when they were built (except for imports and Seaga, maybe.)  We know this is the case for many machines of our bygone fantastic industry.  There is a doofus here in Phoenix that has a Fawn pull knob candy machine for sale - it only needs a new knob har har.  That one even surprised me and brought to mind the days of my cigarette routes that ran a couple of crappy Fawn cigarette machines.  The reminiscing could go on and on.  Those of us in the industry for 35+ years have almost seen it all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2021 at 3:40 PM, AngryChris said:

You should have called up NYcandyman.  He'd gladly come by in his minivan and pick them up

how did you know? yes i would have picked them up, compressors are super easy to fix, and they are great machines, most of the machines i see being repaired and going out of service are the AP Crane Dixie and other "name brand" machines but never the cheap and crappy ones, well thats because they are still working, parts are available, and its the same process in fixing them if you know how. so yeah, send those puppies my way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2021 at 3:25 PM, tblake05 said:

Funny, I just got rid of one too.  About time.  Hated that machine.  Compressor went out.

seaga compressors are super easy to fix on seagas, they are pull outs, 2 bolts, its no different than a dixie or a usi

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

seaga compressors are super easy to fix on seagas, they are pull outs, 2 bolts, its no different than a dixie or a usi

I know. This one was just not worth it. It was in rough shape physically, validator was acting up (vti junk) and had been limping on with a generic t-stat so the control board constantly flashed error (which looked terrible to customers and probably made them apprehensive to put money in) though the proprietary vti validator probably wouldn’t take their money anyway. Junk!

replacement cooling decks run about 500.00 plus freight shipping.

My location definitely benefited from a used futura which I bought from a local vending supplier for 2500 and is in mint condition. Sales have doubled. Drop sensors and mei validator and coin mech stopped notes and refunds dead in their tracks.

I couldn’t be happier to see the seaga go. I’ve worked on that turd 3x more than anything else. The catastrophic compressor failure was the final nail in the coffin.

if I’d have known you wanted it, I’d have let you know. Though it’s a long drive from New York to Minnesota for just a seaga. I did see someone parting one out on Craigslist recently that needs a control board (a 500.00 part vs a 200.00 part for any other manufacturer)

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

how did you know? yes i would have picked them up, compressors are super easy to fix, and they are great machines, most of the machines i see being repaired and going out of service are the AP Crane Dixie and other "name brand" machines but never the cheap and crappy ones, well thats because they are still working, parts are available, and its the same process in fixing them if you know how. so yeah, send those puppies my way.

Yeah, cause those machine have 10s of thousands of vends on them and are pushing 20 years old. And, there are a lot more of them out there.

You go to a mechanics shop, you are going to see a lot of Toyotas and Hondas. Not because they are unreliable, but simply because are are way more of them out there.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2021 at 5:20 PM, tblake05 said:

I know. This one was just not worth it. It was in rough shape physically, validator was acting up (vti junk) and had been limping on with a generic t-stat so the control board constantly flashed error (which looked terrible to customers and probably made them apprehensive to put money in) though the proprietary vti validator probably wouldn’t take their money anyway. Junk!

replacement cooling decks run about 500.00 plus freight shipping.

My location definitely benefited from a used futura which I bought from a local vending supplier for 2500 and is in mint condition. Sales have doubled. Drop sensors and mei validator and coin mech stopped notes and refunds dead in their tracks.

I couldn’t be happier to see the seaga go. I’ve worked on that turd 3x more than anything else. The catastrophic compressor failure was the final nail in the coffin.

if I’d have known you wanted it, I’d have let you know. Though it’s a long drive from New York to Minnesota for just a seaga. I did see someone parting one out on Craigslist recently that needs a control board (a 500.00 part vs a 200.00 part for any other manufacturer)

what was wrong with the cooling deck, new ones are going for about $300 to $500, but they can also be rebuilt to like new, validators can be changed to MEI, and boards are also plenty, i would've redone that whole unit for under $300 and would've still been pushing double of what it was making, consider this old beat up turn a cow that keeps on giving if you took care of it from the start.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...