Thoughts on mint gumballs? Can't find mint gum for a good price... does it just not sell?

RoadDogAmusements

I am going to try selling gumballs at one of my pizza place locations I think. Or chicle gum? I was thinking mint because it's a pizza place, and it would be "fresh" and appealing for adults and children. But then I didn't really see much in terms of options for mint gumballs for $0.25 vend price? I guess I should just keep going with dubble bubble from sams for $22 a case... and not mess with mint?

one of the only options I found? https://www.gumball.com/products/extreme-cool-gumballs-1-850-count

Any suggestions or advice is welcomed.

3 hours ago, RoadDogAmusements said:

I am going to try selling gumballs at one of my pizza place locations I think. Or chicle gum? I was thinking mint because it's a pizza place, and it would be "fresh" and appealing for adults and children. But then I didn't really see much in terms of options for mint gumballs for $0.25 vend price? I guess I should just keep going with dubble bubble from sams for $22 a case... and not mess with mint?

one of the only options I found? https://www.gumball.com/products/extreme-cool-gumballs-1-850-count

Any suggestions or advice is welcomed.

You never really don't know how things will sell in a location until you try them but I would try regular gumballs first and see how they do. I used to carry Polar Mint chicle gum but phased it out about 5 years ago because it didn't sell for me. It has been my experience that the variety in a regular mix seems to appeal to more people than running a singular flavor.

ok, maybe you're right. the sams deal on dubble bubble is just too good. i think that I want to try running 2 heads on a stand and put it by the door? and then I have capsules separately, with no bulk candy on that rack. the capsule rack is deeper in the restaurant by the ticket redemption counter.

i don’t know about mint, but something similar to that and possibly more eye catching(red turns heads though all my machines are black lol) and popular would be “hot chews”. i recently added a head of those to a couple locations. anything hot and spicy seems to always be trendy, and people really like them at locations where i was just mixing them in with regulars previously. i personally love the flavor. it lasts longer than the others and appeals to a wider age range.