Crane NV 797 (Complete Newbie)

LVDAM

Hello, I have been a long time lurker of this forum but Sunday morning is the day I bite the bullet and get my first vending machine! I was able to get a Crane National Vending Model 797 for a great price. There’s one issue and one question I hope you guys can help me out with since as of now, google and YouTube aren’t showing much and I don’t really know where to go lol.

The issue is that the previous owner lost the keys and drilled into it, and it needs a new tumbler, are those easy to get and easy to install? He said their $10 on Amazon but I can’t seem to confirm if I’m looking at the right one. 
And my one question is, would I be able to add a credit card reader into it? By one other listing I found on eBay it seems to have an MDB cable but I can’t seem to find another source to confirm.  Thank you! 

Any T-handle plug lock will fit your lift handle.  The locks are very standard.  Here is the programming manual: https://www.dsvendinginc.com/images/pdf-manuals/nv30.pdf And here is the parts manual: https://www.dsvendinginc.com/images/pdf-manuals/nv18.pdf

You are in for a LOOOOONG learning curve.  If there is an MDB coin mech in it already then you can install a card reader.  The machine is capable of running MDB but it doesn't mean it has MDB components in it.  If they are not MDB now then you must change them to put a card reader in, and you don't even know if you need a card reader or if you can make money after paying for one.  As a long time lurker you should have asked questions before buying anything.  National machines are tough to learn and figure out.  Considering you have zero experience you should have started with simple can or can/bottle machines that are easier to operate, understand, profit from, repair, and sell if you get disillusioned.  This is not the machine (National) or combo machine to have started with.  

I can only imagine all of the questions you will have now.  Actually I can imagine them all.