Dixie Narco 440MC Soda Machine -Wont take coins

Arica

Our DNCB 440mc pepsi machine is giving me a run for my money. After getting a new T-bolt installed, we're at the (hopefully) last piece of the puzzle. Its a one price machine with a Mars coin changer, its set to take 50 cents per can. however, if we insert any coins it returns them. I had it working for a few minutes before, but now its not taking them again. I cant find any jamming or debri, but I'm still in the process of taking it apart.

so I've taken it apart, cleaned it as best I can (it was only a little dusty), and from what I can tell it still isn't reading the quarters, there's a little "compression button" that looks like it should be pressed down to then sort the change into their tubes, but it isn't getting pressed in so the quarters just roll into the "return" slot. before I got it to at least shoot the quarters into the bucket and then vend, but now it isn't even doing that. The magnets seem fine, no cracks or any damage seen, so I assume it is sensors. I unfortunately don't know how to test the sensors.

44 minutes ago, NYCandyMan said:

check the sensors

Is there product in the machine?  If it's sold out, it will not accept money.  

If there is product, press the coin return or a selection and make sure it's not sitting on a credit.   Usually, "exact change" lamp will be lit when credit is established. 

If your coin mech is just "picky" about coins then it needs to be cleaned and tuned.   I'm not certain what you're referring to as a "compression button".  If it's the scavenger lever on top, that is for coin return.  Sometimes the linkage from the button in the machine will rest on this and cause the coin mech not to accept because the flight deck is being held open.  There should be a little space between the coin return linkage and the coin mech's scavenger lever.

10 minutes ago, Vendo Mike said:

Is there product in the machine?  If it's sold out, it will not accept money.  

If there is product, press the coin return or a selection and make sure it's not sitting on a credit.   Usually, "exact change" lamp will be lit when credit is established. 

there is product in the machine. The exact change lamp has not worked on our machine since we purchased it (it is used). But when I had the machine vending a few days ago for a few minutes, it would only take "some" quarters. That led me to believe the coin changer was dirty, but it was only very slightly dusty on the inside.

7 minutes ago, Vendo Mike said:

Dirt can add to an issue but it's if it's picky, it likely needs calibrated or "tuned".  Make sure the coin return linkage doesn't rest on the coin mech.

Where am I looking for the coin return linkage? Do you mean what looks like the coin machine's power chord? Sorry all of this is way out of my field, I'm just the new office assistant.

When you press the Coin Return lever from next to the coin insert slot, that lever is generally a linked to a bar that actually pushes down on the coin mech's return lever (scavenger or escrow lever).  There is usually a spring holding the weight of the linkage off the coin mech.  when that comes up missing or fails, the linkage will rest on the coin mech and cause it not to accept coins properly.

Oh ok I understand. I will check this tomorrow!

6 minutes ago, Vendo Mike said:

When you press the Coin Return lever from next to the coin insert slot, that lever is generally a linked to a bar that actually pushes down on the coin mech's return lever (scavenger or escrow lever).  There is usually a spring holding the weight of the linkage off the coin mech.  when that comes up missing or fails, the linkage will rest on the coin mech and cause it not to accept coins properly.

16 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

I think you are all missing the boat on this one. He probably has a motor that is not at home or a bad motor cluster switch.

That's certainly another possibility.   Unless I'm misreading, the unit is just picky on coins.  This would lean toward the mech itself as a faulty cluster should completely disable acceptance.  It wouldn't be the first time I've misunderstood what I've read though.