Cans leaking in Dixie Narco 276E

Hello, I've never had this issue before and am trying to figure out why it might be happening.

In one of my drink machines (A Dixie Narco 276e), when someone selects ginger ale, the cans seem to occasionally come out with tiny puncture holes after passing through the chute causing them to spray everywhere. In one instance, all the fluids of the can just leaked out.

I've inspected the machine for any parts or objects that could be obstructing or puncturing the cans on the way down but there isn't anything.

What might be causing this to happen?

The drinks are not expired, although they have been in the machine for months due to the account moving slow.

Are you running bottled water, energy drinks or bottles together with cans?  If so, the springs that hold the backing plate to the walls of the column could be puncturing the cans in the adjacent columns.

If so, just gorilla tape a piece of cardboard over the point where the spring portrudes and you've got your fix. 

3 hours ago, Chard said:

Are you running bottled water, energy drinks or bottles together with cans?  If so, the springs that hold the backing plate to the walls of the column could be puncturing the cans in the adjacent columns.

If so, just gorilla tape a piece of cardboard over the point where the spring portrudes and you've got your fix. 

No energy drinks or bottles, it's all regular 355mL cans. Still gonna try this though.

Could it also be caused by cans being in the machine stacked high for a long time (ie. Several months)? I'm wondering if that's also the cause.

Empty the offending column.

Look at the rotor. There should be stainless steel fingers sticking out at like a 30degree angle.

Sometimes these get bent weird or are broken off with a jagged edge, which can puncture cans.

On 4/10/2021 at 12:23 PM, orsd said:

Empty the offending column.

Look at the rotor. There should be stainless steel fingers sticking out at like a 30degree angle.

Sometimes these get bent weird or are broken off with a jagged edge, which can puncture cans.

Thanks for this, I'll have a look.