Uhaul to haul a bunch of machines?

RikaKazak

I found 1 guy that is getting out of the business and is selling a BUNCH of games at a really fair price; problem is he's 17 hours away from me.  I have a pickup + trailer, but realistically I can only fit 3 (4 if small) games on it at a time.  I was thinking of flying to his location, renting a Uhaul, and driving them back (other option was to pallet and ship them to myself).  Has anyone ever used a Uhaul like this before?  Advice would be appreciated :D

Would you guys Uhaul or pallet and ship?

Thanks in advance :D

Shipping 17 games is going to be quite expensive depending on what they are.

You can get Enterprise truck rental or Penske truck rental cheaper then Uhaul and probably drive yourself there to pickup. If you are doing roundtrip, make sure to get a liftgate as well.

Getting anything good? Don't know where you are located, but I might be interested in some stuff depending on what you are getting.

I would pallet and wrap them and then try to get a bid on uShip w/ pictures of the pallets and dimension/weight information. The thing about that long of a round trip is you are doubling fuel if you do it yourself. If you hire someone to do LTL you can share the fuel costs with other people. If you can't get a good price to freight them, then you can always do it yourself.

Or as brmorr stated, it's cheaper to rent a real commercial truck and do it yourself. I use Ryder because they're the cheapest for me here locally. and yes, make sure you get a liftgate.