What to put in bulk vending machines Canada?

Giratinalakings

I recently purchased 2 used 4-selection bulk machines for $25 each. After testing almonds, Skittles, Cashews, Peanuts and Peanut M&Ms, Peanuts have been the only profitable product (went to Bulk Barn). Does anyone know any other good but cheap candies, chocolates or nuts to put in the machines that will sell? I plan on checking Costco but wanted to see if anyone had any insight. Thanks and happy vending :)

16 hours ago, Giratinalakings said:

I recently purchased 2 used 4-selection bulk machines for $25 each. After testing almonds, Skittles, Cashews, Peanuts and Peanut M&Ms, Peanuts have been the only profitable product (went to Bulk Barn). Does anyone know any other good but cheap candies, chocolates or nuts to put in the machines that will sell? I plan on checking Costco but wanted to see if anyone had any insight. Thanks and happy vending :)

I can't speak specifically for what sells in Canada but I can suggest a few things. My first suggestion would be to avoid nut products like almonds, cashews (super expensive) & peanuts. If there is any metal in the machine the salt will corrode it. Also they stale out quickly and the oil on them make the machine look unsavory in short order. Peanut M & Ms are generally a good seller but here in the states the cost makes it almost impossible to make much of a profit on them. Skittles, Mike & Ike's, Hot Tamales, Reece's Pieces (almost prohibitively expensive here), Chicle gum, Regular M&M's (same cost problem as Peanut M & M), and Chewy Sprees are some options. Pressed candies like Bonz, Lotsa Sours, Runt's, Tootsie Tarts are a stable candies that don't really go stale. Then there are gumballs which are the most profitable item in the bulk vending world. 

The challenge for you is that you only have two machines so if you buy something that doesn't sell in either location you're stuck with it. Keep us up to date on your new endeavor and good luck!

Thank you for your reply! I'm gonna try the gumballs and pressed candies, same problem here for the peanut M&Ms and other popular chocolate products. I only bought about 100 grams of each item this way it would be a loss that I could literally eat if they didn't work out. I will definitely keep you updated and hopefully after I clean the second machine and fill them up I'll post a picture :)

On 4/19/2021 at 12:19 AM, Giratinalakings said:

Mike & Ike sell good.