What machines go with what validators ?

I'm not familiar with HY-850 but you should generally start by checking the manual for the equipment as manufacturers will generally list authorized payment systems.   If the VN27x2 works, are you using the MDB harness or separate power and serial harnesses?  Does your DBV use (1) Six pin plug OR does it require  (1) 12 pin and a separate 18 pin plug to operate on that unit? 

The healthy you combo vending machine is from 2011  its mdb six pin plug  and currently has  a coinco 3 changer and the gba st2 validator  and i added a g10 card reader to machine 5 months ago.  and i am getting alerts from the machine telling me MDB Alert: Bill Acceptor Alert: bad sensor - Bill Acceptor Alert: bad sensor and Bill Acceptor Alert: jammed.  When i get to machine i just got to pull the bill out of the back of the validator and all works fine .  Im trying to understand  what validators can work in  this unit  i see  ads showing the mei 2632 downstacker  i got  the mei 27h2 downstacker now and only get to flashes  and will not work   i know it 24 volts and i have other 24 volt validators  but  like to be sure i dont plug in and ruin what i got by plugging in wrong thing   how do i find  out  what  validators work in what machines?

If it's mdb, your 2712 should work assuming the coin is satisfied.  2 flashes on MEI 2712 should be "disabled from system" which means the main board does not believe it can pay change so it's not "enabling" the DBV.  Sensor errors in your original DBV generally lead back to cleaning or damaged sensors.  

Start from the beginning and verify coin acceptance and filled tubes.   With all errors cleared, close the machine and vend with coins a few times so the mech will verify coin levels.  If there is a "Tube Fill" function, insert coins through that feature to confirm that the board is keeping inventory.   Once coin inventory levels are satisfied, your DBV should enable. 

Other options for MDB validators would be Coinco and Conlux but honestly, MEI are generally seen as the Cadillac of bill acceptors.  

• Like 1

I used the service mode to unload then to reload  cuz with the 27h2 installed it would say no coins  but  with the 27h2  i would not let me load coins but when i switched it back to the  gba    it would let me load coins

So after that worked i switched it back to the 27h2  and got same result.   I dont get any errors about the coins  and it works for giving change .   so if the old one works why wont the new one  arnt they the same mdb system checking for proper change and so om?

and on first question  which mei validators work in what machines     i have a 2542, 2502  would these also work in machine  ?   how do i find that info without trial and erroring?

3 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

I'm not familiar with HY-850 but you should generally start by checking the manual for the equipment as manufacturers will generally list authorized payment systems.   If the VN27x2 works, are you using the MDB harness or separate power and serial harnesses?  Does your DBV use (1) Six pin plug OR does it require  (1) 12 pin and a separate 18 pin plug to operate on that unit? 

1.jpg

1 hour ago, Vendo Mike said:

If it's mdb, your 2712 should work assuming the coin is satisfied.  2 flashes on MEI 2712 should be "disabled from system" which means the main board does not believe it can pay change so it's not "enabling" the DBV.  Sensor errors in your original DBV generally lead back to cleaning or damaged sensors.  

Start from the beginning and verify coin acceptance and filled tubes.   With all errors cleared, close the machine and vend with coins a few times so the mech will verify coin levels.  If there is a "Tube Fill" function, insert coins through that feature to confirm that the board is keeping inventory.   Once coin inventory levels are satisfied, your DBV should enable. 

Other options for MDB validators would be Coinco and Conlux but honestly, MEI are generally seen as the Cadillac of bill acceptors.  

Does it matter  which  unit is plugged in first?     like validator changer card reader ?

why would the old  validator work fine with the coin changer  and the new one not work  when its the same connection?   but  in the morning ill have a chance to try this again  and thanks for  your help

16 minutes ago, gregscbr said:

why would the old  validator work fine with the coin changer  and the new one not work  when its the same connection?   but  in the morning ill have a chance to try this again  and thanks for  your help

I would start with Dip switch/configuration settings and making sure the non-working unit isn't just faulty.  All things alike, both units should work for you unless there is a problem.  Failed sensors have to be cleaned or repaired.  

Older MEI VN25x2 validators should work as well as Coinco Vantage or Mag series and Conlux CV1012

MEI DBV model numbers are pretty self explanatory once you learn how they're broken down.  

image.thumb.png.cdd2cd4e0b76c3e0b1311877164a27c1.png

well after i went through the changer hooked it back up and got same result    so i hooked it up without the g10 card reader and it worked took the dollar and machine gave me change  i then hooked up the card reader  and got to flashes  and vendor said no change   i hooked it up in all the different orders i could  and wont work  until i take card reader out of the chain  m so i guess i a little bit closer  but still not working 

Then your board doesn't support the card reader. Have you done a card reader firmware update lately?  If you haven't you may need it. If you have, it may have created the problem.

I talked with a tech. from usa teck  he mentioned the board but i was not at my location to troubleshoot while on the phone  so ill try that when i get back .   And i cant even find a control board for the machine if i need one and there web site doesnt offer any advise cuz  they say they can troubleshoot and replace sections as needed if you are a active member other then that nothing  and they say machines are made in the usa

Seaga lies when they say their machines are made in the US. Every single component in their machines comes from Asia and they are just assemblers.  They have lousy support which is evidenced by having NEVER provided a wiring diagram for a single machine.  They do not repair logic boards, they only sell new ones for $400+.  They have never authorized anyone to repair boards for them and with no diagnostics available for them no one can fix them.  They do not sell components for cooling units, they sell new complete decks.  This is all because they manufacture none of their parts but rather import them all.  

13 hours ago, gregscbr said:

i tried every way i could to get this working and still cant get it  how do i find a new control board for hy-800   all i can find is rs-800  they look the same but not sure

Replace the machine