Vending Software Essentials

T BIRD

I must admint I use Vending Essentials.  I bought it 3 years ago for $99.  I then got the upgrade to Primeir for another $99.  I will admit that it is a bit pricey, but it works well for me.   I did purchase it before I was able to find forums such as this to see what others are using, but I do not regret owning this software this I operate on both sides of the house (bulk and snack/soda).

Lee

My concern with being web based is that the routes would be confidential. I see from the privacy policy that it shouldnt be a concern. My only other concern is that since it is web based if there is ever problems with their servers we wouldnt have access to our info. Has anyone that uses it ever noticed down time?

Thanks

Tom

Tom,  During our three years, we have had just one period of down time.  It was two years ago and lasted about a day.  It was due to the transition from one hosting company to another, not due to the servers themselves.  Our hosting provider has backup servers in place so that if the first ones go down (this almost never happens) the backups will be ready to go.  Since moving to a new host provider, our site hasn't gone down once.

We've had other users ask for a way to back up their own information - just for peace of mind.  We took this recommendation and incorporated it into Version 2.0.  Under our reports section, users can now run a "data" report for their business.  These data reports can be exported to Excel and saved on your own computer as a back up.  We also back up the database on our side as well.  The information saved in Vend-Trak is very important to us, as it is the lifeblood of your business.

Jeremy.........thanks!  I am gonna try your product.  Hopefully I will be able to navigate myself around and through the software program.  If I have questions, who and how do I ask?

Johnny,

You can post any questions or concerns about this product in this forum...

http://www.vendiscuss.com/forums/forum21/503.html

Steve

Johnny, I will be glad to answer any general or technical questions in the forum Steve mentioned above.  If you have a specific question that you'd rather not post, please use the "Contact Us" link on Vend-Trak.  We can respond to those questions specifically.

• 1 month later...

Good Day,

One thing I found out about Vend-Trak is that it has problems if you are using Firefox.  It works perfectly on Exporer though.

I've just started using Vend-Trak and even though I'm still in my 2 month free trial, I love it!

It's easy to use, communication with the company is awesome, and I can access it anywhere I need it.

Good work!!

I can't wait to see what kind of improvements are coming.  It's great like it is.

:D:D

Good day to you Edward,

I just wanted to add that, in addition to the many enhancements of Vend-Trak that are planned, you can also expect to see greater support of Firefox and other browsers.

By the way, if you use a mobile device while out on your routes... you're going to love what we're cooking up behind the scenes.  :cool:

Yeah, I normally don't say much... I prefer to skulk among the shadows.  But I get giddy talking about all the cool "gee-whiz" stuff we're working on in the Vend-Trak "lab".

(Disclaimer: When I say "lab" I mean the 12x20 dimly lit basement where Jeremy force feeds us Mountain Dew and Candy Corn while screaming, "Input junk food, output source code!")

Geez, Josh!  When I asked you to watch the posting activity, my intent was for us to stay on top of comments and feedback so we could continually improve our service.  I didn't intent for you to give away all of our trade secrets!  Now I have to come up with something better than Mt. Dew and Candy Corn! :P

• 4 weeks later...

Welcome Links!

If you have not done so already, be sure you introduce yourself in the welcome section. When you sign up for your free trial at Vend-Trak make sure you use the keycode "vendiscuss" to get your special pricing should you want to continue with it.

Steve