Vending Machine, Power BI and AI ( Artificial Intelligence )

What is me necessary inventory to a month ( or 15 days)???

What is my daily, weekly or monthly sale hate?

And more and more questions.  

Last week I spent about 2 hours to create a report to figure out how much coke ( or Pepsi) I have to buy for a month. Or how long a 40 count box of Lays Classics will last. 

Then i talked with a cousin which is working with power BI and he said: Power BI is your answer. 

I sent a message to Vendsoft, they use Google Data Studio, but with only a few reports, not all the data you have in the database.

Does anyone here tried something like this before? 

If you want to run vending machines, go with a premade vending management software like parlevel. Has lots of vending specific features and is ready to go.

If you are an experienced hobbyist or professional with software and data, and you know that this is not going to the easiest and cheapest solution, or you are planning to sell copies in the future, then by all means go for it. But you will probably not find much help here, as we are all operators here, not programmers. And, it’s a lot cheaper and easier to just buy existing software.

Honestly, if you want to go for this go look for tutorials about whatever it is you are trying to use or talk to your cousin and go from there.

Good luck!

Edited by orsd

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi, I was able to connect and get most of information that I need. But I still need to learn google Data Studio better. 

This is My main screen. 

image.thumb.png.9d1737c0f536266bda1cc0f10672b119.png

This is my product screen

I can filter this by product so I can see what sell where. 

image.thumb.png.63f9aa5f4635fccac4d4fab84cd86c8e.png

I still working on it.

Thanks, still struggling to find a solution to connect to Vendsoft with Power BI.  Is you dashboard using Data Studio or Power BI with a connector such an ODATA feed?

Cheers,

Mark

Ah thanks, yes I have GDS working fine I just thought you were able to implement a Power BI solution as I need to integrate this to the rest of our reporting suite which is in Power BI.  Thanks for all the information.