Ford Gum vs Dubble Bubble

2 hours ago, TexasFreemason said:

I am thinking of trying Ford gum if Dubble Bubble runs out at my local Sam’s Club. How well does it sell as opposed to DB. Are there any issues storing it?

Ford sells much better than Dubble Bubble for me. I store all of my candy/gum at 65 to 75 degrees and that seems to keep things fresh. Ford's softer shell makes it more susceptible to temperature fluctuations so I definitely wouldn't store it in a location that experiences temperature extremes. Just a heads up....Ford is not manufacturing any bulk products at the moment due to a labor shortage in their factory. They told me they are looking at the end of May before they will start producing again and even that isn't written in stone. I just ordered some ZED gum from A & A to try it out. I have a competitor who uses it and has been happy with it. I figured I'd check it out in case Ford and Sam's quit carrying bulk altogether.

Texas is hot, no? You might want to just buy quarterly... there might be significant savings at that volume... but if half of it gets wasted then you would have been better off just buying more often. Is your storage facility temperature controlled?

3 hours ago, TexasFreemason said:

Also, does anyone notice a drop in sales if you use 1080 instead of 850 gum?

A lot of people on here have used them over the years and never complained about losing sales. I think visually it's really hard to tell a difference between the two unless you were holding both sizes in your hand.