Dixie Narco 276e SII-D Help Please:

Hello everyone,

I wonder if you can provide me with some assistance please. We have a Dixie Narco 276e SII-D in our fire station. I have taken over keeping it stocked up and have become quite interested in the workings of it.

We have had a problem with the third column, I believe since it was purchased second hand a couple of years ago. Since taking over I have stopped using the third column, basically on the first vend you would get nothing, on the second vend you would get one can and on the third vend you would get two cans.

After watching some helpful YouTube videos I spent an hour today doing a bit of investigation; comparing the shim positions with the other working columns, checking the rod position, cam setting etc.

On loading some product into the column to do some test vends I noticed that the 'rotator' at the bottom of the column is facing the 3 o'clock position (Photo below). I can't seem to get it to move? Can anyone tell me how I can get it to rotate please?

Second question, when I unlock the machine and open the door the little red price screen on the front goes off. Is this normal?

I've seen videos of people vending products with the door open and being able to watch the cam rotating. I can't seem to do that?

Many thanks for your assistance. 

Ben

Career Firefighter, volunteer vendor!

20210511_114329.jpg

The best way to troubleshoot a column issue is to compare it to the working columns next to it. Test vend the columns until they are all in the same position, then compare stopping points, cam settings, rotor position. The rotor, when empty, should not have much play where it attaches to the motor. There should also be a gold colored rod in the rotor. 

Hi lacanteen, thanks for your reply.

That was my plan yesterday, to spend a bit of time playing around and comparing the columns. As always it didn't work out that way when I couldn't get the rotor to move and the cans into it.

I did manage to compare the column back positions, shims etc. There is a rod in the rotor, I can't remember what colour. I will have to check. The rotor felt solid, there was no play in it at all.

I'm back at work next week, so I'm hoping to get the machine into programming mode and do the motor test on that column, then see how that goes. I will take your advice and get them all into the same position to start with.

Thanks for your help.