Dixie Narco 368 coin mechanism missing

KDK

I have a Dixie Narco 368CC/216-7 that the coin changer is missing and the cord to the plug had been cut off. I want to just make it dispense product with no money required.  I changed the wires at the relay that sets it to free vend but nothing happens.  It seems there is no power to the vending mechanism in the door. Where does it get the power? There is a plug with a red wire and a white wire hanging in there that I don't see a place to plug in. 16218684022042725501576054538512.thumb.jpg.e3f6c1fc6d3d075cf78d75625a23bdc0.jpg16218684022042725501576054538512.thumb.jpg.e3f6c1fc6d3d075cf78d75625a23bdc0.jpg

The red and white hanging from the dbv are the credit line for the bill acceptor to the coin mech.  That is processed in the coin mech which , in turn, fires the vend relay once full payment is established.   If you've correctly wired for free vend, you should only need product in the columns and to press a selection switch for it to vend.  

Thanks Vendo Mike. Here's what I  did but still nothing.  It runs and cools good but i think there's no power getting to the dispensing mechanism. Can you tell me how the power gets to the door components? 

Screenshot_20210524-170138_Chrome.jpg

There is power in the door,  the ones with no product in them have the light on by the buttons and the ones with product in them have the light out but nothing happens when I press the buttons. Is there a way to check the power to the relay? Or to check the relay itself?  

That is normal. Now you effed with your relay wires so you need to restore it back and put a coin mech in it to test it. Otherwise you need to make a free vend switch for it. Instructions are around on this forum, maybe in the downloads section. You can also Leon online for a single price free vend set up.

Thank you for your help so far.  I know nothing about these machines but have good mechanical and electrical skills. I have it wired to free vend, it's just to keep beer and pop cold at my lake house. 

I put product in all the slots and all the "empty" lights went out but only two will vend product. Where is the best place to start diagnosing the other five? 

I believe those motors are daisy-chained together so I would start between the last working and first inoperable motor.  Looking for a failed switch, open / flakey connection, etc.  If not there, also check at the selection switches for the same.  You've lost a wire somewhere along the way.

Thanks Vendo Mike. I'm really not sure what I'm looking for but I'm not finding any wires off or bad looking connections.  This machine has 7 buttons, 1 through 4 do not work, 5 and 6 work, 7 works but dispenses two cans each time

9 minutes ago, KDK said:

When I trip the switch on the motors they will dispense like they should.  Could I possibly have four bad switches?  Doesn't seem likely 😕

you absolutely can have 4 bad switches.  They often start wearing out at the same time and many operators will just empty the non-working selections and eventually get rid of the machine.  That doesn't mean that's what is happening, but it is possible.

Thanks to all of you for your help,  I got them all working.  I took the switches out and blew dust out of them and cleaned out with electromotive cleaner.