Dixie Narco 276e SII-D - Main Control Board Replacement:

Hello everyone,

I have a replacement main control board on the way for our Dixie Narco 276e SII-D. Is there anything I need to be aware of before swapping the new board in?

From what I can gather the procedure is;

Note the position of all connections on the existing main control board. (Including taking a picture).

Remove power from the machine, disconnect connections, remove old board and insert new board. Then carefully reconnect all the connections before powering up the machine again.

I understand that the new (reconditioned) board will have no memory, so I will have to set all the prices etc.

Am I missing anything critical or is that it?

Many thanks

Ben

Your current board has firmware that should be taken into consideration for your cabinet.  I'm assuming yours is a "trade" or not bottler identified.  Domestically, Firmware 381.01 is for trade units (not sure what Dixie did for European equipment.  You will  want to make sure your replacement has a 381.xx as well. I believe the latest would be a 381.41 but I'm not sure about that. 

If you get a 380.xx or a 390.xx, you will have programming issues as those are for bottler equipment.  

Thanks very much for your input as always Vendo Mike. I will have a look at the control board tomorrow and see if I can identify the firmware version, I think I remember reading that it was marked on the board somewhere. 

If your replacement comes in and is a 380 or 390, you can remove the EPROM chip from the old board and install in the replacement.  If your current one isn't updated, you will likely want to order one if you intend to build towards cashless in the future.  If not, you should be good to go with whatever you have now.  You can see the EPROM in the top center on the pic below.  It's marked with a label showing the firmware.  If you have to replace the EPROM chip, make sure to notice the notch or dot on the chip that marks Pin 1.  You'll want to orient the chip the same way in the new board.

Parts & Accessories Coke EPROM 391.41 Dixie Narco S2D Control Board  Restaurant & Food Service

Thanks Mike, great information as always. I will compare the existing board and the replacement when it arrives.

I hadn't thought much past sorting my current two problems (getting into diagnostic mode and fixing the third column. ) Cashless is probably something I should consider for the future.

Just a quick update;

The EPROM on my existing board is 381.41 and the reconditioned replacement is also 381.41 so no problems there.

Managed to careful swap the main control board out tonight with no disasters..... unfortunately it didn't solve my original problem! Back to the drawing board on that one.