Ford gum

ginger vend

Any update? No one answers or returns calls.  Is oak leaf or zed softer for any of you who have ran both? I've no experience with Zed.  Got some locations spoiled with Ford who say oak is to hard.  Told them Ford not option right now. 

2 hours ago, ginger vend said:

Any update? No one answers or returns calls.  Is oak leaf or zed softer for any of you who have ran both? I've no experience with Zed.  Got some locations spoiled with Ford who say oak is to hard.  Told them Ford not option right now. 

As of this morning Ford is still not taking bulk orders for 1" gumballs and no word when they will start. Nothing out there will be as soft as the Ford gum. I ordered some of the Zed gum last month. It is softer than Dubble Bubble but I'm not a fan of it's consistency as it's being chewed. Kinda granular. Either way I am testing it in the field and will see how it does over the next service cycle or two. I'm still running Double Bubble as well but I am being careful not to overfill the machines in an effort to reduce shrink and keep product quality as high as possible. If I think I can make it to the next service cycle on half a globe then I leave it at half a globe. I have never been a fan of Oak Leaf as I found that to be harder as well. That said I have gone back to running Nerds gumballs in select locations and have had some success with that. The downside to Nerds is that they are a premium item with a higher cost.

In my experience, Zed's is probably the closest thing there is to Ford's, but nothing is exactly like Ford. On the upside, I can't recall a time when Zed's availability was an issue. Hopefully Oak Leaf gets their act together, especially if your locs are expecting it.