DN501E S2D Vending Issue

I have a dixie 501e that is acting wierd. The account says that says it keeps displaying try another selection for all selections and then spits the money back out. I went to check it out yesterday and the machine said there were 3 jammed columns once put in service mode. I checked and none of the columns were actually jammed. It homed one column and all that did was drop the next bottle. Then i successfully test vended the columns in the machine and no jam nor misvend. After, I purchased a couple of drinks in sales mode and it worked fine. I left knowing it worked but got another call today saying its doing the same thing. The bill validator and coin mech are working because i tested them. I know the columns are not jammed because i tested them. Does anyone have an idea of whats going on?

It could be bad switches.  Per AZVendor's advice, once I get this issue, I replace all motor switches at once.  It's at least a good preventative maintenance thing, and at best it may resolve your problem.

Yup.  Bad motor switches.  You can replace the ones that are acting up but then it's just a matter of time before the others begin to fail as well.  Do them all and those problems are gone for many years.

I am at the machine right now. I arrived and the situation is as follows: It says try another selection on 3 selections then displays the price on the rest. When i put 2 dollars in for a selection that is showing price, it says vend but then returns all the money and does not vend. I have brought working vend switches from another machine to test it and while that solves the jammed column error, it still says Vend and then returns the money

@AngryChris

@AZVendor

@AngryChris In service mode i test vended those columns showing the price several times with no issues. Shouldnt the selection read "Try Another Selection" if the switch doesnt move? After it spits out the money you can press the selection and it will still read the price and not "Try Another Selection" . I don't think its coincidental that all the switches have gone bad at once there is likely a deeper root issue but I don't know what it is. 

Just so you know, I had a 276e that would show everything sold-out or try another selection.  In the end, the problem were a couple bad switches.  I replaced all 7 and no problems since.  Literally non-functional machine because of a couple bad motor switches.  I had another machine (501e) that showed try another selection because of one bad switch.  Both siid but different eproms, and different problems but all due to bad switches

Ahh man sounds like a pain but way better than having to replace the board ($$$). I replaced the switches with the good working ones and wasnt able to replicate the errors with the door closed even after 30 vends. Im gonna go ahead and just replace all of them to get rid of any headache. Thanks to all who replied.

1 hour ago, tismael56 said:

Ahh man sounds like a pain but way better than having to replace the board ($$$). I replaced the switches with the good working ones and wasnt able to replicate the errors with the door closed even after 30 vends. Im gonna go ahead and just replace all of them to get rid of any headache. Thanks to all who replied.

So all is working?