I'm a rookie!

AZVendor

It was the change in software update. I always apply the updates for security. But they decided to change all the levels, and I wasn't aware of it until it was applied.

I believe they reset the statistics for how members are ranked.

Maybe I'm not the best person to run this forum since I never really paid attention to stuff like that. I came here for the info, not to be ranked based on how long I have been here, or the number of posts I have had. Those always seemed arbitrary to me. 

The update implemented a new point system, and the points were all set to 0 with the update. I'm not sure if there is any way to alter it so people are ranked differently based on history. There might be a way to do it manually, but that would be a full time job for a month.

Although I could just shut the whole thing off. Maybe I should put up a poll so see if anyone really wants to be ranked?

8 minutes ago, The Mage said:

It was the change in software update. I always apply the updates for security. But they decided to change all the levels, and I wasn't aware of it until it was applied.

I believe they reset the statistics for how members are ranked.

Maybe I'm not the best person to run this forum since I never really paid attention to stuff like that. I came here for the info, not to be ranked based on how long I have been here, or the number of posts I have had. Those always seemed arbitrary to me. 

The update implemented a new point system, and the points were all set to 0 with the update. I'm not sure if there is any way to alter it so people are ranked differently based on history. There might be a way to do it manually, but that would be a full time job for a month.

Although I could just shut the whole thing off. Maybe I should put up a poll so see if anyone really wants to be ranked?

You're doing a great job with the forum. Thanks for keeping it going and for everything you do!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2021 at 2:57 PM, gumball guy said:

You're doing a great job with the forum. Thanks for keeping it going and for everything you do!

Ditto!  Thanks for your hard work. 

Website suggestion on a different note - the number of international users is growing, and that is good, but sometimes causes confusion when answering questions.  Can there be an option to add your nationality (maybe a flag icon) to the user/poster info that displays on the left edge of posts?  Thanks!!

On 7/2/2021 at 10:45 AM, AZVendor said:

After many years of posting thousands of posts in these forums I was just awarded the rank of Rookie.  Please join me in congratulating myself on the momentous accomplishment I have achieved.

Last month I became a Newbie as well.  

Don't feel too bad - looks like we're all rookies now.  Not too sure how many people will be looking for advice from nothing but a band of rookies.  Sounds like the blind leading the helpless.