I have the opportunity to buy a lot Vendesign four sided machinces

wildmanne39

I have been in the bulking vending machine business since 1995 and I have the chance to buy many vendesign machines but after looking at them I realize they are pretty close to being the same as the older u-turn machines which I have owned a few, they are hard to service imo but I have had issues with them slipping where they vend wide open, now it looks like the vendesign machines will not have this issue can anyone confirm that the machines will vend what they are set to vend without slipping and allowing to much or to little to vend? since the company is out of business I know the only parts to be found are used, any thoughts if these are worth 50.00 a piece? I am not a big fan of selling candy but I do know there is a market for it.

Thanks

same kwap, uturn, vendstars, and anything else thats plastic will be a temporary machine, i have a few uturn machines, ill sell them to you for $50 each, and ill include the vendstars at no charge :) all uturns are keyed alike, 4 vendstars are keyed alike, also i have alot of older aa and nw parts if needed, some on racks and some in pieces, let me know if interested.

all jokes aside, stick to beaver, aa, nw, acorn, some rhinos are good

I had some a while back and switched them out for AA doubles. Locations didn't justify 4 candy selections. Sold for $50 each to get rid of. If I remember correctly all the weight of the candy pushes against the candy dispenser parts and limits good portion control due to the poor design. I would not get again.  You can get a GB cannister setup but it would not vend caps.

17 hours ago, wildmanne39 said:

I have been in the bulking vending machine business since 1995 and I have the chance to buy many vendesign machines but after looking at them I realize they are pretty close to being the same as the older u-turn machines which I have owned a few, they are hard to service imo but I have had issues with them slipping where they vend wide open, now it looks like the vendesign machines will not have this issue can anyone confirm that the machines will vend what they are set to vend without slipping and allowing to much or to little to vend? since the company is out of business I know the only parts to be found are used, any thoughts if these are worth 50.00 a piece? I am not a big fan of selling candy but I do know there is a market for it.

Thanks

I personally have not owned any Vendesign machines but I have heard mixed reviews over the years. Plastic parts and harder to service were some of the complaints I've heard. In regards to the portion control adjustment I have not heard of any slipping but some said it can be difficult to adjust due to it's design. I guess my biggest concern would be the necessity to vend 4 candies in one machine (and apparently they don't vend gumballs?) . These days there are very few locations that need 4 candy selections let alone 3. Like everything else the cost of pan candy continues to rise and right now there is almost zero profit in perennial favorites such as M&Ms and Reece's Pieces. I have always ran tons of gumball machines (Oak, Eagle, Northwestern equipment) and still do because they still provide a great margin. I am slowly selling off my triples as I focus primarily on single & double head setups. In regards to the price for the Vendesign I don't think $50.00 is a horrible price if all the units are clean and absolutely ready to be be filled and put on location but these days I wouldn't pay more than $30.00 tops for one (honestly I would only offer $15 -$20 each). The used market is flooded with equipment right now so it is a buyers market and if I needed machines I would looking for tried and true equipment like Oak, Eagle & Northwestern and skip Vendesign. Good luck and let us know what you end up doing.

23 hours ago, NYCandyMan said:

same kwap, uturn, vendstars, and anything else thats plastic will be a temporary machine, i have a few uturn machines, ill sell them to you for $50 each, and ill include the vendstars at no charge :) all uturns are keyed alike, 4 vendstars are keyed alike, also i have alot of older aa and nw parts if needed, some on racks and some in pieces, let me know if interested.

all jokes aside, stick to beaver, aa, nw, acorn, some rhinos are good

Hi, Beaver is not made anymore either are they? I have almost all A&A, in 2014 I upgraded all my toy machines to 50 cent mechs and most of those mechs were bad and I ended up screwed they only a replaced a handful that is the reason they no longer sale machines or parts, I have stayed away from candy machines for more then twenty years, for many years my gum sales have declined and are real bad now to many machines selling big gum, I have heard of vendors selling candy like m&m's for 50 cents but I have never seen a machine set at that price, it gets costly changing to 50 cent mechs also, I may be interested in buying some of your machines but it is the shipping that concerns me, the machines I am thinking about buying are local, I have recently bought a snack vending route, that is a big pain but I will hang in there.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts, all good info to consider.

45 minutes ago, wildmanne39 said:

beaver is still out there, they are super expensive, every time one is stolen or vandalized, i am really upset, to buy the machines, i travel a lot, doesn't matter how far, if its a good deal im there. i am keeping all my edibles at $0.25, i have not raised, and am not thinking about raising anytime soon, gumballs for vendors is like rice at a fast food Chinese store, it sells fast! toys i can deal with, they don't go bad, the food that does go bad is nothing compared to the profits. 850ct you've got over $200 already, you can lose up to 90% of the box and still make profit, there's no other business in the world that will allow you to make that type of profit, this is where the numbers come in. i am glad you bought a route, you will soon see that the bulk vending even though is good, but super slow allows you to have spare time, where as the soda and snack machines are a bit more demanding, i keep all my products at $1.00 no matter what it is, unless its a specialty item, then i will change to $1.50 to $2.00. 

you can use uship to have the machines delivered to you, i can probably get them packed out into a box or 2 for transport, let me know where you are, might even be cheaper to ship them.

• 4 weeks later...

Vendesigns were always a "little" better than Uturns in my mind, though that's a low bar to clear. The assembly on the Vendesign machines isn't terrible, capacity is alright, the coin mechs are modified Northwestern in most cases, so they are "technically" upgradable to 50 cents if you wanted to do a toy carousel. The coin trays in them aren't horrible like the U-Turns are, and they don't jam quite as bad.

All that said, carousel machines are fundamentally pretty flawed machines- you're better off with a lower capacity double with better sales than constantly have to juggle 4 products across many locations hoping they will sell.

That said, these machines are fairly attractive once cleaned up and take a coat of paint pretty well thanks to their modular construction. Flipping these for "man caves" and home use could turn you a bigger profit than actually running the things in the field.

Whatever you choose to do, good luck!