Vintage Oak Astro Gumball machine issues

Oceanic217

I have recentally found a old Astro Oak vending machine and restored it and cleaned it. I bought Gumballs that fit in the wheel, but while vending with all the gumballs put into the machine (about 150) I’ve noticed if I put in 25 cents, many gumballs will come out sometimes.I’ve adjusted the wheel by unscrewing the Three Phillips head screws multiple times and rearranging them but I can’t figure it out. Some help would be greatly appreciated and I will attach some photos! Thank you in advance 

image.jpg

image.jpg

technically it should not vend more than 1 with that setup, but i would get a gumball wheel instead as the one you have is a candy wheel, also you might want to check the springs, they may be loose

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oceanic217 said:

I have recentally found a old Astro Oak vending machine and restored it and cleaned it. I bought Gumballs that fit in the wheel, but while vending with all the gumballs put into the machine (about 150) I’ve noticed if I put in 25 cents, many gumballs will come out sometimes.I’ve adjusted the wheel by unscrewing the Three Phillips head screws multiple times and rearranging them but I can’t figure it out. Some help would be greatly appreciated and I will attach some photos! Thank you in advance 

image.jpg

image.jpg

You have the brush off plate (the plastic cover with springs attached) on backwards.

Two problems, you have the wrong wheel and brush housing. The wheel and brush housing that you have are for candy. The other problem is your brush housing is in facing the back, it should be in facing the front. So rotate it 180 degrees.

You,  need a oak capsule wheel and brush housing and riser if you vend out 850 ct gum or a rocket wheel and brush housing for 1080 ct gum, PM us we can sell you what you need.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As others have said, you'll want a different wheel to vend that properly.

I will add that if you intend to use that candy wheel going forward, you would be wise to take care of that corrosion on the metal portion control insert, or it'll continue to spread.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PerformaVending said:

As others have said, you'll want a different wheel to vend that properly.

I will add that if you intend to use that candy wheel going forward, you would be wise to take care of that corrosion on the metal portion control insert, or it'll continue to spread.

corrosion is very important, when you set up a machine, make sure that you, yourself are comfortable eating out of your machine, if not, think about the many others that feel the same way, but wait.... no one will see it, and no one will know it right????

you saw it and you know it, now you're spreading poison to others, its not just selling a gumball for profit, its the experience a person gets from the machine that counts! 

machine have to be clean on the inside, there's not much you can do for the outside, but inside has to be clean and free of rust, if you are using any type of lubricant, it MUST be FOOD GRADE!

think of the time you walked into a place and saw some badly kept food, well, if the machines are not kept up, you are now the badly kept food owner! not good for you, not good for us, not good for anyone in the vending business!

keep it clean

keep it nice

keep it rolling!

• Like 1