Snack Machine resets pricing and vends free items

If the power is off to the machine oh and it is a wittern 3185, then all prices default to 15.00 and above, then I can not set prices above a 1.00  it will not let me and if i set prices below a dollar it gives the item away free, this happen two months ago when the power went out and after several hours I managed to get all the prices programed again, I believe I had to change the top sell price and disable promo vend, anyway I am going to try to fix this again, my question is does the machine have a battery like a computer does that is supposed to allow the system to retain the the settings while it is powered down to allow servicing? and where would that battery be is it on the control board? one other question and I do have a thread on this topic but this machine has a DMB coin mech so that means the bill acceptor is also right? I might need a dex cable and an effrom update? but that is about all to be able to install a card reader correct? As long as the machine stays powered on it works good but I am having an issue with it not giving back change properly and I just had the coin mech gone through by vendors exchange, but it still has issues.

Thanks for all suggestions and information. I am really exhausted at this time so I hope this thread can be understood, my wife has stage 4 cancer and she has new brain tumors so I have not had rest in months so my writing skills are worse then usual.

On 7/14/2021 at 11:31 PM, wildmanne39 said:

If the power is off to the machine oh and it is a wittern 3185, then all prices default to 15.00 and above, then I can not set prices above a 1.00  it will not let me and if i set prices below a dollar it gives the item away free, this happen two months ago when the power went out and after several hours I managed to get all the prices programed again, I believe I had to change the top sell price and disable promo vend, anyway I am going to try to fix this again, my question is does the machine have a battery like a computer does that is supposed to allow the system to retain the the settings while it is powered down to allow servicing? and where would that battery be is it on the control board? one other question and I do have a thread on this topic but this machine has a DMB coin mech so that means the bill acceptor is also right? I might need a dex cable and an effrom update? but that is about all to be able to install a card reader correct? As long as the machine stays powered on it works good but I am having an issue with it not giving back change properly and I just had the coin mech gone through by vendors exchange, but it still has issues.

Thanks for all suggestions and information. I am really exhausted at this time so I hope this thread can be understood, my wife has stage 4 cancer and she has new brain tumors so I have not had rest in months so my writing skills are worse then usual.

the battery will be on the main board if any

if the coin mech is mdb then the bill acceptor should also be mdb, see what voltage it at 24v, 34v, 110v or 115v

you can call USI/FSI/WITTERN, they will be happy to help you with any questions you may have

On 7/16/2021 at 12:33 AM, NYCandyMan said:

the battery will be on the main board if any

if the coin mech is mdb then the bill acceptor should also be mdb, see what voltage it at 24v, 34v, 110v or 115v

you can call USI/FSI/WITTERN, they will be happy to help you with any questions you may have

Thank you for the information, I have ordered the new board and card reader for this machine and going to order some for other machines in the morning.