thoughts on current rhino pro machine?

jay22

i’ve been exclusively using rhino pros for the couple years i’ve been doing this and haven’t had any issues. they switched over to a new version around last march. i was comfortable and liked the look of the older ones so i bought the rest of what they had in bulk, and it’s held me over till now, but i need to buy again, and will have to buy the newer version now. he did send me one to test before the final version over a year ago, and i wasn’t thrilled with the fact it seemed harder to turn the mech, and also the coin drawer wasn’t quarter turn. there were some aspects i thought were better. anyway, has anyone been buying rhino pros lately? thoughts?

Edited by jay22

• jay22 changed the title to thoughts on current rhino pro machine?
5 hours ago, jay22 said:

i’ve been exclusively using rhino pros for the couple years i’ve been doing this and haven’t had any issues. they switched over to a new version around last march. i was comfortable and liked the look of the older ones so i bought the rest of what they had in bulk, and it’s held me over till now, but i need to buy again, and will have to buy the newer version now. he did send me one to test before the final version over a year ago, and i wasn’t thrilled with the fact it seemed harder to turn the mech, and also the coin drawer wasn’t quarter turn. there were some aspects i thought were better. anyway, has anyone been buying rhino pros lately? thoughts?

Do you have to buy a large number of machines or can you just buy like 10 to test them on route? Also, is it actually the mech that is hard to turn or is there some binding going on between the coin mech's sprocket gear and the product wheel teeth?

• Like 1

On 7/21/2021 at 7:14 PM, gumball guy said:

Do you have to buy a large number of machines or can you just buy like 10 to test them on route? Also, is it actually the mech that is hard to turn or is there some binding going on between the coin mech's sprocket gear and the product wheel teeth?

i actually just bought 4 of them.  and i don't know what the reason was for it being hard to turn, all i know is it was.  the new rhino pros use  metal wheels, and the plastic used for the cannister is thicker.  supposedly it's better than the previous one, but the previous one has never once failed me and i have plenty of locations, so i'm a little nervous about switching over.

Edited by jay22

3 hours ago, jay22 said:

i actually just bought 4 of them.  and i don't know what the reason was for it being hard to turn, all i know is it was.  the new rhino pros use  metal wheels, and the plastic used for the cannister is thicker.  supposedly it's better than the previous one, but the previous one has never once failed me and i have plenty of locations, so i'm a little nervous about switching over.

Well you really have no choice but to try them. Let us know how they work out. Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/27/2022 at 10:27 PM, jay22 said:

still not sure how i feel about the "new" rhino pros.  don't think i trust them as much as the older ones.  does anyone else here use them?

Have you had some issues with them on route?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/1/2022 at 5:59 AM, gumball guy said:

Have you had some issues with them on route?

i had 2 fifty cent mechs lock up when they were practically brand new...  i never had a fifty cent mech lock up on an old model.  the guy in charge told me the only thing difference between the 50 cent mech on the old mech and new one is the sprocket .  also there will be times when i go in and the mech is half turned.  i  have to turn it really hard to complete the vend and then it turns out a gumball was stuck in there that had to split open.  

Edited by jay22

24 minutes ago, jay22 said:

i had 2 fifty cent mechs lock up when they were practically brand new...  i never had a fifty cent mech lock up on an old model.  the guy in charge told me the only thing difference between the 50 cent mech on the old mech and new one is the sprocket .  also there will be times when i go in and the mech is half turned.  i  have to turn it really hard to complete the vend and then it turns out a gumball was stuck in there that had to split open.  

Many times split gumballs indicate that you may need a diffuser/baffle to help deflect some of the pressure off of the gumball wheel especially when the machine is filled up completely. Some machines come with a spring agitator attached to the wheel as well that helps with this problem. Other causes are a missing riser (the pacman looking thing that sits under the gumball wheel), a gumball wheel that is not clocked correctly, or there is a flaw in the new machine's brush off plate.