Adding a credit card reader to a Crane/GPL 427

rjh914

Good morning:

I'm adding a credit card reader to an older Crane/GPL 427 rotary cold food machine.  It is MDB.  I use the older NAYAX card readers with the separate AMIT unit.  When I power up the machine with the reader installed, the reader and AMIT go through the boot sequence properly.  After that, it says "Cash Only."  

Most times, these readers are plug and play.  I worked with NAYAX several hours yesterday trying to get it resolved.  They did everything they could on their end.

I'm wondering if the EPROM needs to be upgraded.  I'm currently running a 427.03 EPROM.  I see that a 427.04 EPROM is available.  Do you think this is the problem?

Where is the cheapest place to get the 427.04 EPROM?

Thank you.

12 hours ago, rjh914 said:

Good morning:

I'm adding a credit card reader to an older Crane/GPL 427 rotary cold food machine.  It is MDB.  I use the older NAYAX card readers with the separate AMIT unit.  When I power up the machine with the reader installed, the reader and AMIT go through the boot sequence properly.  After that, it says "Cash Only."  

Most times, these readers are plug and play.  I worked with NAYAX several hours yesterday trying to get it resolved.  They did everything they could on their end.

I'm wondering if the EPROM needs to be upgraded.  I'm currently running a 427.03 EPROM.  I see that a 427.04 EPROM is available.  Do you think this is the problem?

Where is the cheapest place to get the 427.04 EPROM?

Thank you.

I'm not familiar with the gpl 427 at all but, on national snack machines such as the 157 and 167, there are programming options to turn on card readers.  It's worth checking into if you know how to navigate the programming.

Hi rjh914.

That machine should have no issues. I just reached out to a reseller/operator when I saw this, and he has them on many. He said to make sure to enable the board for credit cards if it is not yet. Other then that it should work. 

Feel free to reach out anytime.

Thanks,

Harry

Harry Kozlovsky
Senior Director of Solution Sales, Nayax
harry@nayax.com
410-302-9015

https://www.vendingmarketwatch.com/technology/credit-debit-rfid-card-readers/news/21229511/emv-contact-contactless-use-account-for-more-than-90-of-all-nayax-cashless-transactions-in-us?utm_source=AUTM+VMW+Today+NL&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=AUTM210707004&o_eid=9008A1511089J1T&rdx.ident[pull]=omeda|9008A1511089J1T&oly_enc_id=9008A1511089J1T

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed2QGyX0LEQ&feature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuLG0y-0yE4