Seaga TV 3000 coin mechanism

Rick K

I'm looking for a coin mechanism for my Triple Vend Seaga TV 3000.  I have looked everywhere and I haven't been able to locate one.  Since I'm having such a hard time finding one I would like to know if there are any other coin mechanism's from other vending machine companies that will work with my machine.  This is the last piece I have to find to complete the renovation and put it into service.  I'm including a picture of the coin mechanism I need.

Thanks!!

GoldCoinMech.jpg

17 minutes ago, Rick K said:

I'm looking for a coin mechanism for my Triple Vend Seaga TV 3000.  I have looked everywhere and I haven't been able to locate one.  Since I'm having such a hard time finding one I would like to know if there are any other coin mechanism's from other vending machine companies that will work with my machine.  This is the last piece I have to find to complete the renovation and put it into service.  I'm including a picture of the coin mechanism I need.

Thanks!!

GoldCoinMech.jpg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/353418004393?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&amdata=enc%3A1KvTt9FY5T5Gg3_7gzbsahw59&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-213727-13078-0&mkcid=2&itemid=353418004393&targetid=4580702890871448&device=c&mktype=&googleloc=&poi=&campaignid=418640321&mkgroupid=1233652283797640&rlsatarget=pla-4580702890871448&abcId=9300602&merchantid=51291&msclkid=8b271f121bc717771a797e07d18d891d

This looks like what you want. Just FYI....... In the future you will want to post in the Bulk Vending forum or even the Refurb Projects forum. Good luck and hope this is the mech you were looking for.

That's not what I'm looking for.  That's just the outer shell of the coin mechanism.  I need the inner workings because the one I have is no good.  So actually I'm looking for the whole coin mechanism (I don't need the chute flap because I have that.)  Thank you for responding though.

11 hours ago, Rick K said:

That's not what I'm looking for.  That's just the outer shell of the coin mechanism.  I need the inner workings because the one I have is no good.  So actually I'm looking for the whole coin mechanism (I don't need the chute flap because I have that.)  Thank you for responding though.

Jeez sorry about that. I obviously didn't look closely enough at that ad and thought it was the whole mech. Seaga bulk machines (and parts) seem to be scarce these days. The only other one I found was a Detroit Craigslist ad for a whole machine ( https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/for/d/commerce-township-seaga-triple-vending/7361104525.html ).

I have bought, sold and Frankensteined a lot of machines over the years but just not many Seagas so maybe someone else on here has direct experience using a different brand replacement mech for a Seaga but in case they don't here is my two cents:

Many of the Chinese triples out there use a common coin mech (example https://www.candymachines.com/Triple-Shop-25-Coin-Mechanism-Replacement-P7152.aspx ) but often they are off just a bit and can be a real pain, not only to install but to interact correctly with the product wheel. Finding and using an original part is always preferable so if time is not an issue just keep trolling Ebay, Craigslist, etc.. until a mech or machine becomes available. If you need it sooner or just don't want to wait then get the mech dimensions off of your current Seaga mechs and buy a replacement that is as close as possible to it. Unless you luck out completely and it fits perfectly be prepared to do some level of fabrication on the cabinet, the mech or both to make it work. A few other things to consider before buying a different mech..... It sounds like you are putting the machine out into the world to vend so you want to make sure that coin mech is solid and works well because misvends or an inoperable coin mech is a recipe for being shown the door. Another issue is the Seaga has such a distinctive coin mech that a replacement mech without the graphics will stick out like a sore thumb. Some locations that is a big deal, other locations could care less. Finally if you have to carve into the cabinet to make the mech fit and it ultimately doesn't work you may not be able to get an original mech to fit correctly again. 

Again, sorry about sending you in the wrong direction earlier and I realize this post isn't a silver bullet for your problem so hopefully someone else can add something of value. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.