Seeking advice on what to do with a bunch of used vending machines.

Avend

Hi everyone, I have a bunch of old Northwestern and some Oak machines plus racks to mount them on. Most of them are setup to vend gumballs or capsules. I also have some sticker vending machines.

I bought out someone else's vending business a number of years ago and never really did anything with it.  Basically the machines have been sitting in my garage for about 5 years.  I want to get rid of them and was wondering where to I should try to sell them and how to figure out what (if anything) the machines might be worth.

Any advice that anyone can give me would be much appreciated.  I am in the San Francisco bay area.

2 hours ago, Avend said:

Hi everyone, I have a bunch of old Northwestern and some Oak machines plus racks to mount them on. Most of them are setup to vend gumballs or capsules. I also have some sticker vending machines.

I bought out someone else's vending business a number of years ago and never really did anything with it.  Basically the machines have been sitting in my garage for about 5 years.  I want to get rid of them and was wondering where to I should try to sell them and how to figure out what (if anything) the machines might be worth.

Any advice that anyone can give me would be much appreciated.  I am in the San Francisco bay area.

It all boils down to how much time (like orsd said) and effort you want to put forth and how much of a loss are you willing to take on the original investment. If you have been sitting on this equipment for 5 years I will assume the financial loss on this investment isn't going to be devastating to you. As previously mentioned by orsd, Ebay is one way to sell but it does take time and effort, especially if you have a lot of equipment to sell/ship. As a possible alternative I would suggest going around to retailers in the area and get numbers off of existing bulk vending machines then reach out to those operators to see if they may be interested in the equipment. Odds are they won't be but you never know....especially if the price is right. If no luck there then you can go to Craigslist, Offer Up or any other online selling app and try selling them there but if you do that be prepared for a fair amount of tire kickers. You can also use those apps and set it up like a garage sale (since it's already in your garage). The hard truth is that the bulk vending industry is drying up and so is the demand for bulk equipment. As far as valuing equipment you can also use all of the above mentioned apps to get an idea what used vending equipment is selling for in your area then go from there. I'm in the Midwest and sell Oak and Northwestern singles for between $50-60 bucks each. I get pretty good movement on them at that price but it's all cash & carry and I don't ship. Which every way you go good luck!