Plain M&M

TexasFreemason

1 hour ago, TexasFreemason said:

I am thinking of trying Plain M&Ms. Do y’all have decent results with them? I figure I can sell them at a better margin than peanut ones.

They have never been a great seller for me. Peanut M & Ms tend to out sell them 4 to 1 overall but I have always carried Plain M & Ms for the sake of variety. That said I continue to reduce the number of locations that I use M & M products in because they are just too expensive. I don't suggest them as options to new or prospective locations anymore and if I currently have them in a location and they are not selling I pull them quickly.

In regards to making a better margin I think it may be tough because both products are the same cost per ounce. Generally I vend 5-7 Peanut M & Ms per turn and 10-12 plain M & Ms per turn so I am not seeing a lot of difference in profitability between the two. If you set your wheel to only vend 5-7 Plain M & Ms you would definitely see a better margin but I think it may cost you sales as people may think they are not getting enough product each vend. If you have some higher volume locations where you don't have a bunch of repeat customers that strategy could be more successful.