Wittern 2500/ CB500 temperature issue

Bleuchzsteve

I've lost cooling in my machine. The compresssor comes on but it does not get cold.I stupidly pulled a cable out while the machine was on and one of the connectors sparked and I think this may be my issue, but the bill acceptor is also wired into this plug and it works so I'm not sure..... Was hoping to find someone that has one of these machines that may know more about what cables go to what. The manual isn't very helpful. Thanks!

Edited by Bleuchzsteve

You posted this in the Bulk Vending forum instead of the Beverage and Food forum.  You also give such a vague description of what you did that I can't even begin to tell you what needs to be fixed.  You need to post photos of the wires you're talking about.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Why in the world would you disconnect a cable, any cable while the machine was plugged in and turned on/running?

the refrigeration system in the cb500(3189) is completely independent of the low voltage side as long as you have square button keypad, mcb12 board, the compressor is controlled off an old fashioned thermostat. Thus unplugging a validator, creating a spark, will likely have no effect on the cooling portion of the machine.

if you have round buttons, the machine likely has a gvc1 board which controls a relay that turns on the compressor based on inputs from a temp sensor. If you have this version of the machine, most likely the spark caused by unplugging the validator destroyed the control board.

Edited by tblake05

• 2 weeks later...

"The compresssor comes on but it does not get cold."

If the compressor turns on but the evap coil does not get cold, you are likely low on freon.    You will need to confirm that the compressor is or is not engaging.   The pump and condenser coil should get warm and the evap coil (below the drink stack) should get cold.  

Also -  Always turn off any machine before plugging/unplugging anything.