Problems with Dixie Narco dncb 360

BastiGer

Hi, 

I'm from Germany, so sorry for my bad English 😅

My issue with my dixie narco is, that it don't vend. The first hit on the select button start the vend motor, but only a few inches. When I hit the same button the second time it will vend completely. (all 8 selections and vend motors) 

Thank you for your help. 

2 hours ago, BastiGer said:

Hi, 

I'm from Germany, so sorry for my bad English 😅

My issue with my dixie narco is, that it don't vend. The first hit on the select button start the vend motor, but only a few inches. When I hit the same button the second time it will vend completely. (all 8 selections and vend motors) 

Thank you for your help. 

That's a bit normal on old machines.  Put a sign instructing customers to hold the button until the item vends.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BastiGer said:

"The first hit on the select button start the vend motor, but only a few inches. When I hit the same button the second time it will vend completely"

First, thank you for answering.

When I press the selection longer, it is the same issue. You have to press two times.

So I have to half the prices and every customer have to choose 2 times. Is there not a better solution?

Edited by BastiGer

Is this machine new to you or did you recently change drink type (bottle vs can?)

If so it might be set wrong.

What packages are you vending and how many notches are showing on the cam (circle disks) in front of the motor?

12 hours ago, orsd said:

Is this machine new to you or did you recently change drink type (bottle vs can?)

If so it might be set wrong.

What packages are you vending and how many notches are showing on the cam (circle disks) in front of the motor?

Yes this machine is new for me.

The machine is empty and not adjust to any packages.

I make two pictures of one of the vend motor, the first Bevor I press the button.

IMG_20210908_122321.thumb.jpg.e2efabea0d1955bc7a9a99227d564fbc.jpg

And the second is after pressing the button

IMG-20210908-WA0003.thumb.jpg.d070b4075b5d89492b62a2507705bcc6.jpg

I think the problem is, every second time it's stop to early.

But I don't know why. Can I adjust the stop mechanism?

Edited by BastiGer

This circuit requires the selection button to be held to provide power to the motor until the trailing switch to falls into the notch on the cam.  Once that happens, the motor will have continuous power and will rotate until the leading switch falls into the next notch.  This resets the vend relay and re-enables the coin mech for another vend. 

Unfortunately, this simply means that you have to hold the button a bit longer than you'd expect.

37 minutes ago, Vendo Mike said:

I think the motor turned slightly but the trailing switch still isn't in the notch.

Yes, did you think I can solve this problem by bending the trailing switch. So that the trailing switch and the leading switch comes closer together?

Respectfully,  I think you're trying to fix something that is part of the original design of the machine.  There really is not a "problem" to fix.  The button simply has to be held a little longer than one may expect.  Consumers have gotten accustomed to that type of thing over the 30+ years that machine has been in the market so there really isn't a reason to start changing things now. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Vendo Mike said:

Respectfully,  I think you're trying to fix something that is part of the original design of the machine.  There really is not a "problem" to fix.  The button simply has to be held a little longer than one may expect.  Consumers have gotten accustomed to that type of thing over the 30+ years that machine has been in the market so there really isn't a reason to start changing things now. 

I know what you mean, but my problem is that It doesn't make a difference how long I press the button. It really don't work. I really try it, I pushed the button 30 seconds and it stops at this point.

Sorry, misunderstood the situation.  If credit is being established but cancelled before that motor completes a vend, start looking closely at the wiring to the vend relay as well as the trailing switches on that and each of the other motors.  Unless it's been done in the recent past, you might consider replacing all of the switch clusters on those motors.  They're inexpensive and can be the source of a lot of headaches.  As you work through them, you may find some that aren't plugged in completely/correctly.

18 hours ago, Vendo Mike said:

Sorry, misunderstood the situation.  If credit is being established but cancelled before that motor completes a vend, start looking closely at the wiring to the vend relay as well as the trailing switches on that and each of the other motors.  Unless it's been done in the recent past, you might consider replacing all of the switch clusters on those motors.  They're inexpensive and can be the source of a lot of headaches.  As you work through them, you may find some that aren't plugged in completely/correctly.

Okay thanks, that's something I can work with.

Isn't it likely that it is the relay, because it affects every vend motor?

On 9/10/2021 at 1:09 AM, Vendo Mike said:

I just checked out what my relay looks like. And I think the previous owner removed that. That's the slot where the relay belongs in,  right?

IMG-20210911-WA0001.thumb.jpg.8780675c2d2b945d5654b6fee7f2ab33.jpg

Oh, and does anyone have experience with this replica relay?

KUP93-14A11-120

Thanks in advance😊

Edited by BastiGer

3 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Well, there you go. Someone wired it for free vend. Pull those wires out and slap a relay in it. Make sure you get a DN relay as the Vendo relay is different.

Okay, thanks for the hint. Why are all the relays that can be found for DN, single price relays? Are there no others?

It’s a single price machine, only capable of being single price.

So the relays for this type of machine are referred to as single price relays. 

To get multi price capability you need an electronic control board equipped machine.

(Technically there were “4 price” machines that used relays but those are fairly rare and the relays will not fit a single price machine like yours)

Now that I think about it again, get us a photo of the inside of your selection panel showing all of the wiring.  I think what you might have is a machine wired for a 4 price mech.  In that case you will have extra wiring in your selection panel.

18 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Now that I think about it again, get us a photo of the inside of your selection panel showing all of the wiring.  I think what you might have is a machine wired for a 4 price mech.  In that case you will have extra wiring in your selection panel.

You're right.  Inside was this circuit diagram.  Does that mean that I don't have to put a relay in my machine?

IMG_20210912_121941.thumb.jpg.6347108a31a7269e035c1037e21c76dc.jpgIMG_20210912_121736_copy_484x1000_1.thumb.jpg.b39f9fd148d76ab588f74860f06344d8.jpgIMG_20210912_121742_copy_484x1000.thumb.jpg.c4418d218119d312a9d7fa2f2f46b9e6.jpgIMG_20210912_121831_copy_484x1000.thumb.jpg.5c450b5764d0f1fb2dcd17d927d26641.jpg

The diagram is for the single price wiring. You do have some odd wiring next to the relay socket. All of the selection switches look like they have original wires on them. Is there a numbered wire loose from the top switch? I doubt that there is. Do the wires with the pink connectors next to the relay socket go to a switch on the outside of the door? If so then that is the free vend switch. If you remove that and the jumpers in the socket then you can put the relay in and it will be a normal single price machine again.

• Like 1