vendo 721 live display plug in, GFCI trips! WHY???

chris in bc

I have a vendo 721 live display. As soon as I plug the machine in, the GFCI trips.....I reset...... same problem. I did place a few wet cans in the vendor before this started. The cans were placed in column 10...far left. 

Any suggestions, should i chop the GFCI off and do with out?

Make sure no wires are shorted out.  I recently had a hell of a time with a royal 376 blowing fuses until I discovered the wires to the evaporator fan sitting in a small puddle of water near the evaporator.

Try a different cord.  If that solves it, then your GFCI is too sensitive and it's bad.  They all go bad eventually.

After making sure your GFCi is good, start by removing all of the plugs from the power box and supply power to it alone.  If the GFCi trips at that point, you have a short in the box (chewed wiring or something).   If it's still running, power down, reinstall one circuit at a time (refer, lights, board power)  until you find what is the root of the short and then repair that.   

Or look for where the smoke is coming out :)

UPDATED. I called George at vendo tech support. He had me remove panel at bottom of the vending machine. Removed light/ballast white and black wire harness. Pushed in door switch....no tripping. This indicates the ballast was bad. I am currently operating the machine without lights. All good now.