Vendstar mini-gumballs not vending

jpazz0

Hey guys! I’m having a problem where my “dubble bubble machine size refill gumballs” are vending only about 70% of the time out of my vendstar machine. I think it is because they are getting stuck on eachother thus not allowing gravity to drop them down the chute.  I have the wheel set on the number 6, which vends 3 mini-gumballs per quarter. Anyone else have this problem with their vendstars? 

1 hour ago, jpazz0 said:

Hey guys! I’m having a problem where my “dubble bubble machine size refill gumballs” are vending only about 70% of the time out of my vendstar machine. I think it is because they are getting stuck on eachother thus not allowing gravity to drop them down the chute.  I have the wheel set on the number 6, which vends 3 mini-gumballs per quarter. Anyone else have this problem with their vendstars? 

You probably need a baffle or an agitator especially if you are filling the machine all the way up but unfortunately there is no baffle (that I know of) for Vendstars because they have no center post.  Vendstars were specifically designed for pan candies and that's why people have issues trying to vend gumballs of any size from them. I'm not sure how busy the location is but if you can get away with only filling the machine 1/4 to 1/2 way full it should reduce the product from bridging over the wheel but may not stop it completely. You may want to consider upgrading to a better machine if these mini gumballs are big sellers for you.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, gumball guy said:

You probably need a baffle or an agitator especially if you are filling the machine all the way up but unfortunately there is no baffle (that I know of) for Vendstars because they have no center post.  Vendstars were specifically designed for pan candies and that's why people have issues trying to vend gumballs of any size from them. I'm not sure how busy the location is but if you can get away with only filling the machine 1/4 to 1/2 way full it should reduce the product from bridging over the wheel but may not stop it completely. You may want to consider upgrading to a better machine if these mini gumballs are big sellers for you.

Thanks for the advice gumball guy! I tried setting the wheel one setting bigger and it vends a lot more consistently now. Also, I will make sure to not fill it more than half way from now on!