FSI (USI) 3076 bill validator upgrade

Daves Automat

Hello have a customer with a FSI 3076. Their old bill validator is a old Coinco BA32F 27 volt.

It is no longer taking bills but it is taking coins.

Client would like to upgrade to a system that accepts credit card. Looking for advice on what components will work and where to get them.

Thanks for the help! 

is it 24v MDB or 9pin? if its MDB, you can change to MEI 2512, and for credit card you can use payrange, if it 9 pin (usually 12v) then you would have a problem, as for the machine, if its working, let it work, no harm in updating or upgrading, if you need more help you can reach me 9one773one389one, send pics of what you got

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

With the chip shortage affecting inone checking to see if its available would be a good idea. Not worth an upgrade in my opinion to rare and problematic of a machine for us. A newer machine would be better, but you can put newer bill validator, changer, and credit card reader on with an inone board.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, dwc31015 said:

The inone kit is fine with this machine. I put kits in two of these machines. They have been on location problem-free for three years. I had bought four of the 3076 machines for $200/each. Refurbished two and gutted the other two.

I bought 2 for $100 each. Both work. They just needed some TLC. Tedious. What card reader did you use? Any knowledge you would be willing to share? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Daves Automat

I used Parlevel readers, but honestly, I’ve had ePort and Nayax on machines with the inone kits and never an issue. 

I did take the machines and reconfigure the shelves from the two junked machines to make them the way I wanted. So I have two snack shelves, one pastry shelf and two candy/cracker shelves on the machines in service.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, dwc31015 said:

I used Parlevel readers, but honestly, I’ve had ePort and Nayax on machines with the inone kits and never an issue. 

I did take the machines and reconfigure the shelves from the two junked machines to make them the way I wanted. So I have two snack shelves, one pastry shelf and two candy/cracker shelves on the machines in service.

The hottest spot doesn't allow food items... See attached pic. Card reader would work best for this spot.

PXL_20211030_020205129.MP~2.jpg

On 10/29/2021 at 9:41 PM, dwc31015 said:

When is this? VHS and cassette tapes? Is this for real?

But check the prices? When they were in their hay day, they’d have gone for 15-20.00 each. And did they even have validators that could accept anything higher than 1.00 back then?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, tblake05 said:

But check the prices? When they were in their hay day, they’d have gone for 15-20.00 each. And did they even have validators that could accept anything higher than 1.00 back then?

Good point. This machine has a super nostalgia feel to it. My problem is that hipsters like plastic more than cash...

Ok, so I'm taking the plunge. InOne kit for $350, and upgrading the validator to MEI 2700 for $199. 

How does the credit card reader work? Do I just buy one off eBay or should I go through a company like Parlevel, ePort, Nayax? How does this work? Again, any advise is appreciated.

3 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Choose the company that you decide to work with for your processing and buy a reader from them.  Make sure you understand all of the fees including the monthly and per transaction fees. 

Any specific fees to keep an eye out for? I have experience with POS card processing companies, but the rates and hardware are different in the vending machine world.