FSI (USI) 3076 bill validator upgrade

Daves Automat

You will need a Mars MDB harness to interface to your current logic board harness.  There are two bezels for MEI validators - a snack bezel and a soda bezel (called a compact bezel).  For that machine you need the snack bezel.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Oh no...Do not use Eport!!!  Unless you like chargebacks?  This is what will happen to you - Someone will buy a visa debit card, they will come empty your machine. they will dispute the charges. They will automatically be reimbursed and get all your product for free. Cantaloupe will post the chargeback to your account (as seen below). Will not even tell you about it or offer any recourse. I would take that reader off ASAP if I was you.

chargebacks.jpg

How would they empty the machine without many multiple uses of the card? I don’t know of any readers that allow for more than two times the highest-priced item in the machine. 

I can’t imagine a chargeback on 50-plus card swipes in a row unless the card was reported stolen. Even at that there would be a limit to the number of successive transactions that would occur before the processor halted approvals.

You don't need to use the same card. You can go get as many as you want. You don't have to imagine anything I just posted a picture of our actual Eport chargebacks for last month   over 1K.... It is what it is.....enjoy

1 hour ago, rick98 said:

You don't need to use the same card. You can go get as many as you want. You don't have to imagine anything I just posted a picture of our actual Eport chargebacks for last month   over 1K.... It is what it is.....enjoy

Correct. Wasn’t thinking about it that way. This problem would probably be limited to non- food machines. However, there are a lot of that type of vending.

Read through your processing agreement and see if there is a limit to any of that crap.  I am also surprised that they will simply give money back with no proof of loss and even in light of obviously suspicious activity.  There should be a point when they refuse to refund money when things get hinky with a machine, a card or a processing account.

5 hours ago, rick98 said:

Rick, what you are describing is fraud and they should be prosecuted for it.  I have NEVER heard of anyone ever experiencing what you are describing with USA Tech ever.  And trust me, there are so many GOOD reasons to dislike/hate USA Tech but this isn't one of them.  This sounds like something that happened to you and I don't think it's fair to tell everyone to avoid USA Tech because some people are committing fraud on you.  Have you not reached out to the location and notified them of what happened?  Get those people fired.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright. I took the plunge and installed the InOne kit with an ePort terminal. Cashless sales are working perfectly. My problem now is that cash sales nosedived... After checking on the machine I found that the Coinco BA32F bill validator only accepts one $1 bill now. This affords the purchase of 2 out of 35 items in the machine. 

During the InOne install, I played with the switches inside the validator. Switch 3 is on because it is not running Pulse. Switch 8 is on to accept $1 bills. All other switches (1,2,4,5,6, & 7) are off. My understanding is that switches 4-7 accept $20, $10, $5, & $2 bills which this validator is not designed to accept. Please see attached pic. 

I can't figure out why the bill validator refuses to accept more than a single $1 bill. Has anyone experienced this issue? Any guidance would be appreciated.

PXL_20211221_230052403.MP~4.jpg

Referring to this install manual: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vendmedic.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2021%2F07%2FINST-CONFIG-357.pdf&clen=85765&chunk=true

The switches on your aged validator should be 1, 2 and 3 off for Pulse, and 8 on for $1.  (Page 15)

Escrow in the InOne board should be set to LAST.  (Page 6)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Referring to this install manual: chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/viewer.html?pdfurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.vendmedic.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2021%2F07%2FINST-CONFIG-357.pdf&clen=85765&chunk=true

The switches on your aged validator should be 1, 2 and 3 off for Pulse, and 8 on for $1.  (Page 15)

3 off for pulse doesn't work. Learned this lesson immediately after install: would not accept any cash after turning 3 off during the install. Somehow 3 & 6 were set to ON before the InOne install. 

21 hours ago, AZVendor said:

Tried all switches off except for 8. Same problem: 

SWitched 3 back on and tried again. I will post the result in a minute.

PXL_20211222_222955833.MP~2.jpg

Edited by Daves Automat

On 12/21/2021 at 7:04 PM, AZVendor said:

Ok. Validator still only accepting 1 single dollar per transaction, and somehow vending for $1 despite programmed price. I am now pulling a communication error as well. Please see attached.

PXL_20211223_221607160.MP~2.jpg