FSI (USI) 3076 bill validator upgrade

Daves Automat

53 minutes ago, Daves Automat said:

Roger. Looking at the MARS 2501. Any advice?

A 2501 is 110v.  2502 is 24v.  Get a 2712 as it will accept up to a $20 and make sure either it comes with an mdb harness or you purchase a mars MDB harness

• Thanks 1

On 12/23/2021 at 7:25 PM, AZVendor said:

Make sure any MEI validator has the 2008 currency sticker on it so you know it takes new currency (new in 2008),

Went with a 24v 2512 and MDB harness. Has the 2008 currency sticker and should be arriving today. Anything I should know before install? Does this validator need to be stocked with bills?

7 minutes ago, Daves Automat said:

Went with a 24v 2512 and MDB harness. Has the 2008 currency sticker and should be arriving today. Anything I should know before install? Does this validator need to be stocked with bills?

It should be plug and play.  You may need to program inone board from pulse dbv to mdb but maybe that's for the mech.  I don't remember unless the machine is in front of me

• Thanks 1

On 12/30/2021 at 7:27 AM, AngryChris said:

It should be plug and play.  You may need to program inone board from pulse dbv to mdb but maybe that's for the mech.  I don't remember unless the machine is in front of me

Alright. First off: I am never dealing with pulse again. My eyes are open now. MDB all the way. 

Only problem is that the new validator is selling anything cash for $1 again regardless of programmed price. Atleast the Seedlive report from ePort says it is doing that. I'm not sure because on Friday I found two $1 bills in the cashbox with no record of where they came from (or what for). I'm heading to the location sometime today to do a little autopsy. I'll let y'all know what I find.

I attached the cash section of the Seedlive (ePort) report from last night.D5 should be $2, and C3 should be $3.

Screenshot_20220102-040131.png

If you put an inone kit in, you have to set prices for cash and credit card. It’s in the pricing menu under configuration. When you are in the pricing menu you will see where you scroll through setting prices for single item, row or machine, then the menu will repeat again for dual pricing.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dwc31015 said:

If you put an inone kit in, you have to set prices for cash and credit card. It’s in the pricing menu under configuration. When you are in the pricing menu you will see where you scroll through setting prices for single item, row or machine, then the menu will repeat again for dual pricing.

Yes, set dual pricing all at 99.95 to disable it.

• Thanks 1

If the problem persists after you have all the settings correct then you probably have a bad coin mech.  When a coin mech goes bad it can cause the logic board to default to the only pricing it can use, which is $1, as that is what the bill validator can accept without paying change.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, dwc31015 said:

So the mystery thickens.

I checked the cashbox and found six $1 in there which is the right amount. I tested a purchase with dollar bills and the validator sucked one $1 right in. The second bill wouldn't accept... I did notice that the coin mech seems to have fewer quarters in the tube.

After pressing the yellow button on board I scroll down to select "Price". The following options are available:

Key 1 for help, Single product, Entire tray, Entire machine, ***End Menu***

Didn't change anything, but I did notice that multivend is set to off... Which according to the last report is not the case. Any more ideas?

12 minutes ago, Daves Automat said:

So the mystery thickens.

I checked the cashbox and found six $1 in there which is the right amount. I tested a purchase with dollar bills and the validator sucked one $1 right in. The second bill wouldn't accept... I did notice that the coin mech seems to have fewer quarters in the tube.

After pressing the yellow button on board I scroll down to select "Price". The following options are available:

Key 1 for help, Single product, Entire tray, Entire machine, ***End Menu***

Didn't change anything, but I did notice that multivend is set to off... Which according to the last report is not the case. Any more ideas?

You need to change the dual pricing to 99.95

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daves Automat said:

Dual pricing is working. No more $1.00 cash vends. 

New problem: I put a $5 bill in and selected a $5 item... Nothing happens. Ended up spitting my bill back out.

Additionally, the validator is only accepting a single bill. Tried it with a $5 (see above), and with a $1. It sucked the $1 in but would not accept any more bills. I pressed the coin return lever and it spit out 4 quarters. I've gotta get this machine to accept more than a single bill at a time.