FSI (USI) 3076 bill validator upgrade

Daves Automat

8 hours ago, AZVendor said:

If the problem persists after you have all the settings correct then you probably have a bad coin mech.  When a coin mech goes bad it can cause the logic board to default to the only pricing it can use, which is $1, as that is what the bill validator can accept without paying change.

Dual pricing is working. No more $1.00 cash vends. 

Additionally, the validator is only accepting a single bill. Tried it with a $5 bill in and selected a $5 item... Nothing happens. Ended up spitting my bill back out.

I then tried it with a $1 bill. It sucked the $1 in but would not accept any more bills. I pressed the coin return lever and it spit out 4 quarters. I've gotta get this machine to accept more than a single bill at a time. Bill Escrow is set to Last.

Edited by Daves Automat

If your coin mech is good, you want to set the coin mech memory to off (I think that's the setting) so that the machine doesn't keep track of what is in the coin mechanism.  You want the coin mech to do that itself.  Then buy something with change and make sure quarters are full and it should be good to go.

If something is wrong with your coin mech and it can't tell how full it is, you'll have to empty the mech and use the tube fill option and manually insert change into the machine so that it counts each one.  You'll have to turn coin mech memory on for that one though so that the machine keeps track of it instead of the coin mech.

4 minutes ago, AngryChris said:

If your coin mech is good, you want to set the coin mech memory to off (I think that's the setting) so that the machine doesn't keep track of what is in the coin mechanism.  You want the coin mech to do that itself.  Then buy something with change and make sure quarters are full and it should be good to go.

If something is wrong with your coin mech and it can't tell how full it is, you'll have to empty the mech and use the tube fill option and manually insert change into the machine so that it counts each one.  You'll have to turn coin mech memory on for that one though so that the machine keeps track of it instead of the coin mech.

Coin Lev Mem is already set to Off in the options menu.

1 hour ago, Daves Automat said:

Is there any way to just kill off the coin mech entirely?

If you price everything at $1 increments and put a note that says Bills/Card only.  Otherwise, if they only have change, you'll be out of luck.

Edit: that won't work well either because if someone wants to spend $1 and only have a larger bill such as a $5, there will be no way to give change back.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Not on that old beast.  Why do you continue to flog it when you can upgrade to something more fitting for what you want to do?  An AP 123 will do what you want.  Maybe even an older USI like a 5700 or anything with a SM6 board in it that has a blue display.

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, AZVendor said:

Not on that old beast.  Why do you continue to flog it when you can upgrade to something more fitting for what you want to do?  An AP 123 will do what you want.  Maybe even an older USI like a 5700 or anything with a SM6 board in it that has a blue display.

I fell for it... Like buying an old jalopy that runs, and thinking it just needs a tune up. I have 2 of these machines. One has a good location. I just got a prime location for the other.

Edited by Daves Automat

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2022 at 6:12 PM, AZVendor said:

What are your thoughts on a USI 3085 with a Conlux validator that accepts 1, 2, & 5? Everything works... Just needs a cashless option installed.

That machine, if MDB, has a SM6 board in it so you can install a card reader.  You just need the latest eprom, if it's available.  The nice thing is you can convert to dual spirals on some selections if needed and if parts are still sold for it as it's from 1998.

• Thanks 1

On 4/10/2022 at 10:37 PM, AZVendor said:

That machine, if MDB, has a SM6 board in it so you can install a card reader.  You just need the latest eprom, if it's available.  The nice thing is you can convert to dual spirals on some selections if needed and if parts are still sold for it as it's from 1998.

Yes, the board is SM6. I've never worked with one of these before. Seems like a bit of a dinosaur.

How do I go about doing the eprom?

You might not be able to upgrade the eprom as Vendnet has ruled the SM6 obsolete.  Someone else on the forum has not been able to find any eproms for them either, though someone was offering to burn a newer one for them.  You can search for it.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, AZVendor said:

You might not be able to upgrade the eprom as Vendnet has ruled the SM6 obsolete.  Someone else on the forum has not been able to find any eproms for them either, though someone was offering to burn a newer one for them.  You can search for it.

Found it. Thanks.

On 4/13/2022 at 6:17 PM, AZVendor said:

Vendnet won't sell eprom, but they will service this card for $300...

InOne offers a kit for $350...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I could help. Other than saying to swap over to a different validator. I don’t know. I’ve never had an Inone. And the more and more issues I hear guys have with them, I’m kind of afraid to switch. Giving the original control boards go years and years without issues.

Edited by tblake05

4 minutes ago, tblake05 said:

Wish I could help. Other than saying to swap over to a different validator. I don’t know. I’ve never had an Inone. And the more and more issues I hear guys have with them, I’m kind of afraid to switch. Giving the original control boards go years and years without issues.

best to post this question in the main forum. Az, angry Chris, osrd, vendo mike, many others, huge amount of knowledge.

Had another thought ... the original sm6, did coinco make that board? I wonder if we could reach out to them for the most updated eeprom. I’ll dig around at it while I’m at work tomorrow and let you know.

good luck!

~Tim

Let me check when I'm back in the office tomorrow. I'll send pics.

Edited by Daves Automat

Just now, Daves Automat said:

Let me check when I'm back in the office tomorrow. I'll send pics.

I have 2 machines with this board. I picked them up cheap, and have room to play. If I sent one to Vendnet for EPROM, do you think you could read/write it?

Your asking if you sent me one that was updated from vendnet to the latest software, if I could clone the chip and burn more?

yes... if....

if my burner supports the specific chip. Which it covers a huge amount so I’ll bet that won’t be an issue. What could be an issue is if vendnet puts a “lock” on it. Then only their software could read it. Which that wouldn’t surprise me.

1 minute ago, tblake05 said:

Your asking if you sent me one that was updated from vendnet to the latest software, if I could clone the chip and burn more?

yes... if....

if my burner supports the specific chip. Which it covers a huge amount so I’ll bet that won’t be an issue. What could be an issue is if vendnet puts a “lock” on it. Then only their software could read it. Which that wouldn’t surprise me.

Yeah, I thought about that. If I send both do you think you could parce their additional code? One would be virgin.