Wittern/USI side by side combo - thoughts / reviews?

OVend

I am considering picking up these machines for a good price. I believe it is the Gf12 and cb300 (can and bottle) combo? Based on my research on this forum it seems that it is not compatible with a card reader. However I might still try to pick them up and do cash only. Does anyone know if these machines are reliable / any good? I have a wittern snack machine so far no issues but these seem older. See pic

thanks

7BBA8238-E3C2-46D0-9905-896D5713C4CF.jpeg

1 hour ago, AngryChris said:

They should both work with a card reader.  The one on right has a newer board.  The one on left should be F80 so cash sale reports only but it should still accept card transactions

Oh wow that is great news. For some reason I saw other threads on the forum saying it can’t take a card reader. I really hope ur right that would be amazing. Thank you appreciate the input 

2 hours ago, OVend said:

Oh wow that is great news. For some reason I saw other threads on the forum saying it can’t take a card reader. I really hope ur right that would be amazing. Thank you appreciate the input 

If I am not mistaken, the snack on the right might just need a dex cable to report the cash sales (if you need that).  The machine on the left is different because the soda is slaved to it.  From what I have seen, you must use the stock board that's already in it because upgrading it (with an InOne board) may cause the soda slave to be inoperable.  I haven't put a card reader on an F80 machine that has a soda slave so I can't say 100% that it works but you could always hook it up first and see if you can swipe it before going any further.  If the soda machine were standalone, you couldn't put a card reader on it, but it's a slave so it goes through the snack.

The red flag though is that these are technically not even 2-wide machines.  They are more 1.5-wides.  Why do you want such low-capacity snack machines?  The soda slaves hold quite a bit for their size though.

2 hours ago, AngryChris said:

If I am not mistaken, the snack on the right might just need a dex cable to report the cash sales (if you need that).  The machine on the left is different because the soda is slaved to it.  From what I have seen, you must use the stock board that's already in it because upgrading it (with an InOne board) may cause the soda slave to be inoperable.  I haven't put a card reader on an F80 machine that has a soda slave so I can't say 100% that it works but you could always hook it up first and see if you can swipe it before going any further.  If the soda machine were standalone, you couldn't put a card reader on it, but it's a slave so it goes through the snack.

The red flag though is that these are technically not even 2-wide machines.  They are more 1.5-wides.  Why do you want such low-capacity snack machines?  The soda slaves hold quite a bit for their size though.

ya I see what you mean, these are definitely not what I am looking for per say. but the price on them is very very cheap and I haven't seen ny good machines listed near me in 6 months or so (I prefer ams combos for most of my size of accounts). so I was tempted to pick them up and place them or even flip them if needed for a profit. hopefully the card reader works, though. if it does I think I will place them. but it is definitely a weak point to have such low capacity on snacks, and no candy trays.