Dixie Narco 501E question

JustMack

@AZVendor that makes sense.  Do you know where one can locate the either the 16oz or 20oz vending quality waters. I was told that Dasani and Aquafina are the two option because they have the stronger plastic bottles.  But I can’t seem to locate at Costco right now.  Even an internet search is not bringing me good luck.  I’m in South Florida. 

3 hours ago, JustMack said:

@AZVendor that makes sense.  Do you know where one can locate the either the 16oz or 20oz vending quality waters. I was told that Dasani and Aquafina are the two option because they have the stronger plastic bottles.  But I can’t seem to locate at Costco right now.  Even an internet search is not bringing me good luck.  I’m in South Florida. 

You need a distributor for those.  There's also deja blue and Cumberland gap water.  And, depending on your region, you might find 20 oz ice mountain, Zephyrhills, deer park, or other sister brands in possibly a 28 pack.  They aren't as reliable as the previously mentioned brands but might be more accessible

• 1 month later...

Ha ha, cardboard labels.  Mike, I'm surprised that you recommend that unless you know this guy will be unprofessional from the beginning.  My advice is to jump all the way in and be "in vending" so that you can justify buying flavor strips by the pack if you can't find a distributor or bottler that will help you.

Just something I've seen.  I've certainly seen worse as I'm sure you have.   I always prefer doing a job right the first time.  It should be noted that I started with referring to a local vending distributor as a means to the proper parts.  Just gave them an idea for a band-aid in the meantime.  

• 2 months later...

16.9oz in 501E-  I am getting jams in each column that I fill to the top.  Currently set the way that the machine calls. I tried the rod in the center slot. Still jamming.  Any thoughts on a solution?   

pic is column 2 jammed. .  

3C2ACDAF-52B6-4523-BBD0-BC906156B8C9.jpeg

The narrow columns use metal shims but the wide column uses plastic shims.  There are different kinds of shims for each one.  The plastic bottle shims are just rectangles but the can shims are rectangular'ish but have part cut out for dispensing cans.  The metal shims for bottles (narrow columns only) are "thinner" than can shims.  The can shims have an angle on them making them "wider" to not allow cans to jam.  I use 16.9 oz shims for 16.9 oz cumberland gap.  I use can shims on the narrow columns but no rods.  I think rods will cause all of your problems here.  I haven't tried using shims for the wide column but you might need 4 (or maybe 3) plastic bottle shims on both sides instead of can shims.  The first thing I would do is take out the rods though.

@AngryChris thanks for feedback. The wide column is all good for the time being with 4 black plastic shim on each side.  The narrow columns all have 1 metal shim. My vending guy had set up the water bottle for me using a rod and the plastic tubing to prevent jams because of the flimsy 16.9 water bottles.  I no longer have water in that machine so I used that rod/pvc combination with the narrow column that is having the jam when I try to load sodas to the top and it worked for me. I didn’t want the fix to be temporary. 

@AngryChris each narrow column has these shims pictured. @AZVendor my issue is when I don’t have the rod and sleeve is when  I am getting the jams If I fill column to the top with 2 deep 16.9oz.  I tried putting a rod and white pvc sleeve that I got from my vending guy and that seemed to solve my problem but I wanted to check with everyone to see if that was the actual fix for my issue.  

49AA03B4-5BA7-4EF3-96BA-0518ADE1471F.jpeg

It's been a bit confusing to be honest.  You said it's jamming but you use the rod.  Then you say it doesn't jam with the rod.

Most full time vending operators use 20 oz bottles which is why a lot of us probably aren't sure what you need, but Ryan Hershey from snack attack seems to know his stuff.  If that kit was labeled for 16.9 oz bottles, it should be correct.

@AngryChris 1. Jams occurred with no rod in place when I load to top. 2. I had one rod and sleeve  laying around so I placed it in the jammed column on a whim to see if that would solve issue. 3. Issue solved but that was this Saturday I installed it. 4. I started chat to see if this solution would be temporary or permanent before I needed to invest in rods and plastics sleeves.  

@AZVendor do you recall which hole that the rod/spring assy. Goes into for the 16.9oz in narrow columns in the 501E. There are 3 holes in the cylinder that holds the bottles.  
With the cylinder opened facing up.  I would say that there is one hole in the center and the other holes are to the right.  Which one do you recommend the rod/spring assy to be inserted into?  Thanks.  See picture attached. Thanks.  E8902A7A-08B5-43B6-8502-062078F251CC.thumb.jpeg.727f35abda03bddacf047f71598ca39a.jpeg